homedavid.pyegalleryguestmap • myspace • contact • squidoo • rss

Tuesday, September 14, 2004

Welcome to www.davepye.com!

I've always hated my crummy domain name. It's actually a subdomain, hence the annoying dot between David and Pye that's been confusing and throwing people off for 5 years. The clunky and hard-to-remember david.pye.com has gone the way of the dodo, and you're now loving life at:

www.davepye.com!

I have redirects in place at the old site that should automatically send you here, but that site will close down in a few months - so update your bookmarks!

I'll also archive the old, grey site somewhere in the background too. But from now on, the blog will only be updated here at the new site. Why the change? I accidentally let davepye.com expire last month, and it was quickly snapped up by a woman in Florida whose husband shares my name. I emailed her in a panic and pleaded with her to give it back to me. I fully expected her to ask me for an extortionate, cyber-squatter sort of amount for it's return, but she took pity on me and sold it back for the $20 she'd spent to register it. Thank you, Kimberly Pye. You're a doll.

Anyhew, I took it as a sign, bit the bullet and moved everything over to the new domain last night. I hope you enjoy it, and I know it'll be easier to remember. My email will be changing accordingly too, from david@pye.com to dave@davepye.com - so please update that info as well.

I hate moving day. Welcome to the new digs.



5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

There's also www.davidpye.com. Some dude from Australia. Your's is better.

Wednesday, September 15, 2004 7:29:00 AM  
Blogger Dave Pye said...

AND he offers free software. What have I ever offered anyone on here? I guess the opportunity to publicly mock me, which is worth something, I suppose.

Wednesday, September 15, 2004 5:12:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And you can't even bloody spell... you are semi-bloody illiterate.
bw

Monday, September 20, 2004 9:06:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And you can't even bloody spell... you are semi-bloody illiterate.
bw

Monday, September 20, 2004 9:06:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am happy to have given the domain back to you. y husband would have never done as much with it as you have. Kimberly Pye

Sunday, August 26, 2007 4:38:00 PM  
Social bookmark this

Post a Comment

<< Home

davepye.com web
 

davepye.com