homedavid.pyegalleryguestmap • myspace • contact • squidoo • rss

Tuesday, September 21, 2004

Not No Respect: Rodney Dangerfield Is In A Coma

The man is 82, afterall, but I'm not ready to see him shuffle off this mortal coil just yet. Nor am I lobbying for a Meet Wally Sparks or Ladybugs sequel. But Rodney Dangerfield has been one of my very favorite comedians since I first saw Easy Money on network TV way back in 1983. It's one of the funniest comedies ever conceived and I'm frequently shocked at how few people have seen it.



At first it looked like his heart surgery had been a roaring success. And I also heard Adam Sandler and a bunch of other actors and comedians had been to the hospital to visit him - but apparently he's not actually doing so hot. So pull together folks, and send Rodney some good vibes today.

Monty : [about his Mother-In-Law] She says I drink too much, I smoke too much, I gamble. I mean she's right, but what can I do? I got no... what's the word...
Nicky : Class.



2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will say a little prayer
monster.

Wednesday, September 22, 2004 2:59:00 PM  
Blogger Dave Pye said...

Say a BIG prayer. I love Rodney. Here are some Dangerfield jokes I found:

>> I tell you, with my doctor, I don't get no respect. Well, I told him I've swallowed a bottle of sleeping pills. He told me to have a few drinks and get some rest.

>> I tell ya when I was a kid, all I knew was rejection. My yo-yo, it never came back!

>> Some dog I got too. We call him Egypt because he leaves a pyramid in every room.

>> My wife and I were happy for twenty years. Then we met.

>> I'll tell ya, my wife and I, we don't think alike. She donates money to the homeless, and I donate money to the topless!

>> When I played in the sandbox the cat kept covering me up.

>> I could tell that my parents hated me. My bath toys were a toaster and a radio.

And my all time favorite:

>> A girl phoned me and said, "Come on over. There's nobody home." I went over. Nobody was home!

Get well soon Rodney!

Wednesday, September 22, 2004 4:23:00 PM  
Social bookmark this

Post a Comment

<< Home

davepye.com web
 

davepye.com