homedavid.pyegalleryguestmap • myspace • contact • squidoo • rss

Tuesday, October 05, 2004

Rodney Dangerfield Is Dead.

I just heard this awful piece of news from a friend of mine who works for CNN. He is currently in a "news gathering trailor in cleveland for the VP debates" and it just came through the wire.

I need a moment to compose myself and will write more later.

OK. Later: Apparently my happy thoughts bought him an extra week, but that's a small consolation. If you need a laugh, listen to this. And I posted these in a comment last week, but I think a lot of you may have missed them. Here are my all time favorite Rodney Dangerfield jokes for you to commiserate and commemorate:

>> I tell you, with my doctor, I don't get no respect. Well, I told him I've swallowed a bottle of sleeping pills. He told me to have a few drinks and get some rest.

>> I tell ya when I was a kid, all I knew was rejection. My yo-yo, it never came back!

>> Some dog I got too. We call him Egypt because he leaves a pyramid in every room.

>> My wife and I were happy for twenty years. Then we met.

>> I'll tell ya, my wife and I, we don't think alike. She donates money to the homeless, and I donate money to the topless!

>> When I played in the sandbox the cat kept covering me up.

>> I could tell that my parents hated me. My bath toys were a toaster and a radio.

And my all time favorite: >> A girl phoned me and said, "Come on over. There's nobody home." I went over. Nobody was home!

So long Rodney and thanks for all the laughs. You'll always have my utmost repect.



2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow - Speachless - this is a blow. Looks like Easy Money this weekend. Monster

Tuesday, October 05, 2004 8:59:00 PM  
Blogger Dave Pye said...

Great idea. I have all the best Dangerfield movies. But not Ladybugs. You'll have to bring your copy.

Tuesday, October 05, 2004 10:57:00 PM  
Social bookmark this

Post a Comment

<< Home

davepye.com web
 

davepye.com