homedavid.pyegalleryguestmap • myspace • contact • squidoo • rss

Tuesday, January 11, 2005

How Do You Tell... If You're Aging Well?

I was watching Reno 911 last night (now that Tough Crowd With Colin Quinn has gone the way of the Do-Do, things are tres bleak on Comedy Central) and I heard the line "white women don't age well". And it got me to thinking. What about white men? What about me and JJV? Can I get away with an article like this in Massachusetts, or will people start drawing comparisons between me and Josef Mengele? Anyway, I was looking for an excuse to use the photo you see below, which was taken in October 2004 - and was suddenly reminded of a very similar picture taken all the way back in 1999. Hence the painful carbon-dating which is about to commence. And subtle racism.



I think we've done extremely well. Herb wins for overall youth retention. Although I'm not entirely sure the shaved head of recent years is meant entirely for law-enforcement intimidation purposes. JJV wins hands down in the hairline category, as I'm having a few issues in that department, but has admitted to me recently that he's like 240. Is it in bad taste to discuss a friend's weight in public? Oh without a doubt. But he had it coming.



I'll have to give myself top marks for keeping the weight down, and my recent health kick of the past year has really paid off (or let's face it - I wouldn't have written this). So all-in-all we're not doing too badly. Come see us in another 5 years, when Herb is a stunt double for Al Roker, JJV pulls a 'Brando' and I develop an intimate relationship with Sy Sperling.



2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought I asked you to loose the picture of me in the sweater vest.

Wednesday, January 12, 2005 9:02:00 AM  
Blogger Dave Pye said...

No - I will NOT loosen your sweater vest for you. That's disgusting, JV. I think it's charming in a retro-Jack-Klugman sort of way.

Wednesday, January 12, 2005 9:20:00 AM  
Social bookmark this

Post a Comment

<< Home

davepye.com web
 

davepye.com