homedavid.pyegalleryguestmap • myspace • contact • squidoo • rss

Monday, January 03, 2005

We're Sorry Everybody. And Virgins.

I've already given this truly awful website some begrudging lip service here on Pye In The Face, but I've been forced to revisit it due to an article I just read in my friend's newspaper. One of the guys who writes for him, Norton Tierra, runs down a refreshing list of reasons Americans have absolutely nothing to be apologizing about.



I could have used any number of photos from the eyesore in question, but I chose these two heartbreakers for the absolute plethora of Dungeons and Dragons jokes I'll be able to mine. Is the sign pertaining to their disappointment at Bush's re-election? Or the disappointment they feel because the rohypnol they bought from a fraternity brother before the kegger turned out to be Similac? Regardless, It's still convenient that whatever EverQuest server they were using last Saturday night crashed long enough for them to contribute this photo.

In summation - Will you people please stop whining? Don't apologize for Bush. Don't apologize on my behalf. But since you already have, allow me to return the favor: I'm sorry you weren't born a Kurd and gassed along with your entire family and then buried in a mass grave because that may have actually been preferable to screwing produce in your dorm room.

But someone eventually created a welcome alternative, the aptly entitled SorryEverybodyMyAss, at which the less snivelly members of our population are encouraged to submit antidotes to the disgraceful whinges on the original site. I decided to join the fray.



I've never liked the way in which household pets, particularly cats, are employed to relay the stomach-turning apologetic messages on SorryEverybody. This does little to help their already less-than-macho image. I found a photo of a fairly distressed looking cat on a shelter's website, added the scroll and decided to give our feline friends a chance to pick their own party. If cats are indeed as smart as I've grown to believe throughout 30+ years of having them around, they're certainly not Liberals by default. Even though they most certainly sound like them from time to time.



2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi David,
Thanks for the plug. Say hi to Mike and Jo if you run into them...

Wednesday, January 05, 2005 2:50:00 PM  
Blogger Dave Pye said...

You're welcome! Keep up the good work. I think they're staying at my place this weekend. I'll pass that along.

Wednesday, January 05, 2005 7:06:00 PM  
Social bookmark this

Post a Comment

<< Home

davepye.com web
 

davepye.com