homedavid.pyegalleryguestmap • myspace • contact • squidoo • rss

Monday, January 10, 2005

Revel In My PS Prowess: Sebby Reproduces.

Sebby owns one of my favorite haunts, the SideBar on Bromfield St. in Boston's Downtown Crossing, and he recently celebrated the birth of his daughter - Molly. Now, I very much enjoy busting Sebby's chops so I decided to whip up a little Photoshop on the subject. And he fucking hated it:



I printed it out about 3 months ago on a color printer at work and brought it down on a Friday night. Sebby was working behind the bar and I slowly started passing the photo around to the regulars who began dying with laughter. "What the fuck is so goddamn funny you jerks?" he demanded repeatedly. I waited until he was distracted and then hung it on the wall near the cash register while we all continued to snicker. After about 10 minutes he finally noticed it, shot me a dirty look and then tore it down.

I figured the photo had served its purpose so I didn't take Sebby's rejection too personally. But when I went down to the SideBar a week later - he asked me to print him out another one! You can see it, now laminated, hanging on the wall behind the bar on the right hand side of the building. Better a late-good-sport than never.

P.S. - Are we still resurrecting wing night? The plan lost steam over the holidays. I may stop in for a lovely plate full of delicious deep-fried dead poultry slathered in vinegary hot-sauce as soon as tomorrow night. The backlash of living with a vegan.



10 Comments:

Blogger Dave Pye said...

I forgot I was your personal social convener. I'm sorry, and I'll fax you tomorrow's itinerary tomorrow. And a photocopy of my puckered nostril.

Monday, January 10, 2005 1:09:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

PyeMan,

This week I am out for the wing night but I am definitely interested in getting back on schedule. Lets get wing night back!

Who knows, maybe the Roller will come back for that?

Doyle

Monday, January 10, 2005 4:51:00 PM  
Blogger Dave Pye said...

Ain't nothing to it... but to do it. I'll be there tomorrow after 7. Even if I'm all alone. 'Sniff'. We'll build some momentum and hopefully get back to where we were a year ago - when it was an enjoyable little weekly slap-happy social shindig.

Monday, January 10, 2005 4:59:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If I remember correctly, everything was peachy with the Wing crowd until monster got Roller's friend all horned up on the old couches. Was the stain she left on the couch the reason they removed those things?

Monday, January 10, 2005 5:18:00 PM  
Blogger Dave Pye said...

It was a fire code/capacity issue. More furniture = less people you're allowed to have in there. But since we're on the subject of fire and those particular couches, I hope they were all burned like Joan of Arc soaked in lamp oil considering all of the pigs Monster made 'moist' on them.

Monday, January 10, 2005 5:23:00 PM  
Blogger Dave Pye said...

I just want to point out that technically tonight (Tuesday) is wing night. I'll be there around 7 - even if it is by myself (sniff).

Tuesday, January 11, 2005 11:40:00 AM  
Blogger Dave Pye said...

I don't need you guys. I'll eat wings with Rhino, stin-ass, crazy eyes, booger-eater and stink-ass JR.

Tuesday, January 11, 2005 3:41:00 PM  
Blogger Dave Pye said...

I'm just going there for dinner, dude. I'll be rocking the Diet Cokes. Then it's laundry-time. Seriously, come by.

Tuesday, January 11, 2005 4:00:00 PM  
Blogger Dave Pye said...

OK so I went, sat by myself and ate wings. Sebby didn't charge me and I had a great time. Sure, I felt like I was eating emaciated chickens - but damn if they weren't delish. Fuck you guys.

Tuesday, January 11, 2005 10:53:00 PM  
Blogger Dave Pye said...

He's just mad cause I ate all of the wings he made for us to split. I'd consider that a compliment.

Wednesday, January 12, 2005 12:55:00 PM  
Social bookmark this

Post a Comment

<< Home

davepye.com web
 

davepye.com