homedavid.pyegalleryguestmap • myspace • contact • squidoo • rss

Tuesday, February 22, 2005

The 10 Greatest Rock N' Roll Myths.

Since this past weekend has left me shivering like Keith Moon after a JD enema, and we spent last week discussing the merits of naming fish after dead rock stars, I thought I'd kick things off with this list of the 10 greatest rock myths of all time. Let's talk about #10 for a second:

10: Led Zep and the mud shark
'A pretty young groupie with red hair was tied to the bed,' claimed Stephen Davis in Hammer of the Gods. 'Led Zeppelin proceeded to stuff pieces of shark into her vagina and rectum.' Not quite. Zep did catch sharks from the window of their hotel, but the pesce in question was actually a red snapper, while the perpetrator was road manager Richard Cole.

I am so relieved that was just a myth. I mean - can you even begin to imagine Jimmy Page standing over you trying to shove sushi up your chute? Thank goodness it was only Richard Cole and a snapper. Because as opposed to Robert Plant coming after your bum with a bucket of chum - that's completely acceptable.

Yuck. Anyhew, I've been working on a new Pye In The Face gallery section which will debut sometime tonight with photos from Saturday's Mardi Gras party. Thank you all for coming, and I'm glad it turned out to be such a silly bead-slinging soiree. Stay tuned for my next debaucherous creation, the 5th annual Cinco De Mayo party which will be held at the SideBar on Saturday, May 9th.



3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

U R A Fucking Riot Man!

Whitely

Tuesday, February 22, 2005 5:30:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am sooo glad that the Wonder Years/Marilyn Manson one has finally been answered - that one has thrown me for a whirl for a while - I guess I could have looked it up on www.imdb.com . Oh - and the Stevie Nicks one - reminds me of a story - actually a couple of stories that the Chairmen is soo well known for telling.
Whitely

Tuesday, February 22, 2005 6:41:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Sid Vicious one was interesting, but I have a problem with Sid. My problem is he didn't do ANYTHING. He didn't play on the records, it's debatable whether you can call what he did on stage playing (if he was ever awake for a whole show), I all he did was hit some poor dude on the head with his bass in Dallas and then kill himself while under accusatations of killing his gf. Did I miss something about Sid??

I have a problem with the

Wednesday, February 23, 2005 8:34:00 AM  
Social bookmark this

Post a Comment

<< Home

davepye.com web
 

davepye.com