homedavid.pyegalleryguestmap • myspace • contact • squidoo • rss

Friday, February 18, 2005

Friday's Quizzlet: Raiders Of The Lost Backbone.

Appetizer: Name 2 things you do that you consider beneficial to your health.
If you live in Boston, you've been to Haymarket. "Caahn on the caawb! Foaah fer a dollaah!" In addition to being a T-Stop, it's an open air collection of farm stands which are assembled late every Thursday night and remain until early Saturday evening. It's primarily composed of fruit stands but there's a flower guy who looks like Frank Stallone, a row of fish stands the stench of which would make Quint's eyes water and it's the only game in town if you like to watch Asians fight over rotten kumkwats. Anyway, once or twice a month I go down there on Saturday morning and buy bags of carrots, apples and celery. I fire up my juicer like Jay Kordich and the aforementioned combination makes for a lovely, energizing bevvie chock full of vitamin C, potassium and Absolut. That still leaves 1 more thing, huh? OK - #2: actually leaving my apartment to walk to Haymarket.

Soup: If you made a New Year's resolution, how's it going so far?
My New Year's resolution was to, over the next 12 (well, 10.5 now) months, to complete all of the half-finished websites I have floating around out there. There's the dog sweater pattern site, the boston interior designer site, the halloween site, the personal injury attorney site, the free condom site, the boston bar site, the cigar humidor site, the mesothelioma site and about 5 others. So yeah, as you can see it's going wicked-well.

Salad: Name something that has happened lately that bothers you.
Don't get me started. First off - Trump fired Danny last week! He was the only one on the college team with any creativity, whatsoever. Then Brigitte went to America with Foofie-Foofie, leaving her poor fiancee Matteo with little more than a broken heart and some proscuitto. And to top it all off, Da Brat is the only Surreal mansion resident who got a VH1 development deal. And I thought that Tsunami shit made for a bad week.

Main Course: What is your favorite quote, and who said it?
I just covered this last week. So I'll provide my second favorite instead - from the movie Rushmore. It's funny cause it's true:

"But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you." -Herman Blume (Bill Murray).



Dessert: What do you collect?
I collect MP3s, DVDs and emotional baggage. I'll have you know that I once earned a collector's badge in Boy Scouts for my sensational photo album full of Raiders of the Lost Ark trading cards which I still have. Complete set. The cards are in perfect condition and as I'm writing this I'm slowly realizing they are probably worth something. Which is good - because the admission that I still have this childhood artifact in my room will likely force me to start paying for sex.



2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haven't participated in the friday quizzlet yet so I thought this would be as good a time as any to "pop the cherry". I'll make it short and to the point.

Appetizer: Name 2 things you do that you consider beneficial to your health.

1) Vacations. Sometimes I simply need a break from it all, doesn't everyone that works at least 30 hours a week?

2) Family/ Friends. As much as I do enjoy having some quiet time there is nothing like a great night out with some friends or a good turkey dinner on Thanksgiving

Soup: If you made a New Year's resolution, how's it going so far?

I hate New Years resolutions. They are WEAK! If you need a reason such as New Years to make a change in your life, maybe you should re-evaluate whether or not this is the time to make a change. Sorry Dave, nothing personal.

Salad: Name something that has happened lately that bothers you.

The cancellation of the NHL season. How many other NHL fans want to STRANGLE the ownerships and players union?

Main Course: What is your favorite quote, and who said it?

Sticking with the NHL thing. This is not a "favorite" but I certainly felt that it deserved some attention in the weekly quizzlet. Gary Bettman's response when a reporter asked him how he felt about the cancellation of the NHL season... "One word, horrible"

Desert: What do you collect?

Not much really. Maybe magnets from the places that I have visited in my adult life. Everytime I go to the refrigerator I have a little reminder of a great or bad trip I had taken.
Oh, and wine bottle corks... I don't drink much wine but when I do its usually a special occasion.

Out... Big

Friday, February 18, 2005 2:10:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Appetizer: Name 2 things you do that you consider beneficial to your health.

1. Not taking anything to seriously
2. Me time - every once in a while you need to do stuff that makes you happy. As of late, that means doing a lot of reading about stuff I have no idea about.

Soup: If you made a New Year's resolution, how's it going so far?

Personally, resolutions suck. The entire idea of New Years as some sort of life altering event to start "a new" is pretty poor. Paying $50+ to get into a bar, fight with the crowd for a glass of crappy champers at the end has prompted me to throw my own party ever year for the last 3 years. A New Years BBQ had a nice ring to it.

Salad: Name something that has happened lately that bothers you.

I wont get into this whole deal about "Red America" that definitely bothers me. Also, Comcast raised their price for cable yet they provide the same amout of service. That tics me off something good.

Main Course: What is your favorite quote, and who said it?

"To the World, You are America." Charleton Heston

I love it because it makes no sense. And this guy is the champion for the NRA.

Desert: What do you collect?
Nothing really, Except Flattened pennies of places I've been. You know you put them in the machine and turn the crank. I used to do basball cards and stuff. Just went through it the other day. I'm surprised I still have a lot of that stuff.

Wednesday, February 23, 2005 1:23:00 PM  
Social bookmark this

Post a Comment

<< Home

davepye.com web
 

davepye.com