homedavid.pyegalleryguestmap • myspace • contact • squidoo • rss

Thursday, February 24, 2005

Name My Unfortunate New Medical Condition.

I love having a site like this - interactive, current, communal - but this stress exists to come up with good content each and every day. I know I'm not the only one who suffers from this fun new bloggy plague. If a site ceases to be 'sticky' people no longer show up every day to get stuck. Some days, I'll post 3 or 4 different articles like it's nothing. On others I could be channeling Steven King, who could write 16 pages about a popcorn kernel, and wouldn't be able to think of a single word. It's easy when you have a sports or political blog because there's always fresh fodder for your typing fingers. But when your common thread of choice is simply humor - 'tis a whole 'nother ball game. Still - Pye In The Face has been going strong for 9 months and 300 posts, so I'm still a 'functioning' ____ (insert my new medical condition's name).

There's also this other annoying distraction that keeps me from musing more during the work week. It's called a job. Before I get back to it, however, I feel the need to coin a phrase coming on. What could one chisten 'the stress induced by pressure to come up with blog content'? I await your suggestions.



3 Comments:

Blogger Dave Pye said...

I'll kick it off. 'Severelymuddledpriorityitis."

Thursday, February 24, 2005 2:21:00 PM  
Blogger Dave Pye said...

Becasue Virgil had a cold, apparently. "slightlybetterthanmasturbatingtobaywatchaphelia".

Thursday, February 24, 2005 3:36:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Dumberthanabagofhammerphelia"
BW

Friday, February 25, 2005 8:23:00 AM  
Social bookmark this

Post a Comment

<< Home

davepye.com web
 

davepye.com