homedavid.pyegalleryguestmap • myspace • contact • squidoo • rss

Monday, March 21, 2005

A Concord Sabbatical.

I went out to C-Town on the spur of the moment Friday night, and stayed until late Sunday. I didn't click a mouse, drink anything other than seltzer water, worry about work or otherwise obsess for about 36 hours - and it was lovely. I abandoned any additional zany St. Patrick's day related plans, after the debaucle that was Thursday night, and I decided to get all 'small-towny' for the remainder of the weekend.

I lived in Concord from 88-95 and have developed a real affinity with the place. To this day, I like to try and get out around once a month - Many of my friends still live in town and there's always people to see and places to stay. It's amazing how much fun hiking, dog-walking and bonfire-building can actually be. City living must be getting to me after 5 years.

I guess I'm feeling more and more like it's time for me to stop bathing, move into a secluded cabin in the woods and start writing my manifesto. The accompanying letter bombs and anthrax Fed-Exes will come in due time.



3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

debaucle??
Please do tell. :)

Monday, March 21, 2005 9:46:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

debaucle??

Please do spell.

Monday, March 21, 2005 9:54:00 PM  
Blogger Dave Pye said...

Sidney - Can you proof read one more thing for me?:

Please die in a hotel fire.

Monday, March 21, 2005 9:58:00 PM  
Social bookmark this

Post a Comment

<< Home

davepye.com web
 

davepye.com