homedavid.pyegalleryguestmap • myspace • contact • squidoo • rss

Monday, March 14, 2005

Revel In My PS Prowess: Cuban Boat Revelry.

About 6 months or so ago, I was invited to a Cuban-themed party by a few friends at some swanky Boston club I wouldn't have patronized if they had free Golden Tee. I looked the event up online and it quickly became apparent that the reason my friends wanted to hit this bash was that as part of a promotion they were giving away copious amounts of Cuban rum. And the mystery was solved.



After I declined, and then received several emails accusing me of being an unadventurous, boring bar snob, I whipped up this photo in retaliation. It depicts Bobby and Monster enjoying a day out with some Cuban boat refugees. Julian from Trailer Park Boys said it best when asked once how he was going to get a party together quickly : "Easy. Free Liquor". Truer words were never spoken. But I revile trendy bars and it was a Tuesday night. If that makes me a bar snob, I'm content to sip Cuba Libres solo at the Applebee's on route 9.



davepye.com web
 

davepye.com