homedavid.pyegalleryguestmap • myspace • contact • squidoo • rss

Friday, March 18, 2005

File Under Fuck, Yeah!: Digable Planets Reunite.

Nate just hipped me to the fact that the Dig Plans are back, baby. I spent many nights in my gazebo in the summer of '92 rocking their first album - and was also one of the few people who also bought and enjoyed the follow up, Blowout Comb. If you're unfamiliar, picture 'hip-hop-meets-that-weird-kid-in-your-class-that-used-to-eat-paste'.



The ticky ticky buzz the sun winks the sky,
I fumble through my fuzz and buzz mr. i .
Tell him scoop the beats in the flying saucer kit,
meet me at the port with the nickel bags and shit.

I shouldn't be as excited as I am. But I am.



5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dave,

Friday quizlet please. I'm hungover as a bastage and need to occupy my mind on something other than the office spinning around me.

Much appreciated.

Brian

Friday, March 18, 2005 11:28:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

tell my pops i'm out earthbound with the crew
he said butterfly may the boogie be with you
left my moms a note with these quotes on a trunk
it says i split to earth to resurrect the funk (resurrect the funk)

here's hoping that the album is more of a reachin' and less of a blowout comb. and while we're wishing, let's hope ladybug raps in the nude.

-nate

Friday, March 18, 2005 11:48:00 AM  
Blogger Dave Pye said...

butterflies funk induced highs,
i gain a better reason to smack me up a five.
bald caps pleasurable naps,
time and space is fake and that's the real haps.

It's great to see naps finally getting some street cred.

Friday, March 18, 2005 12:29:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And I'm cool like that....

DP is awesome! Stirs up some great memories for me as well. Thanks for the tidbit on the reuniting Dave!

Friday, March 18, 2005 1:34:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blowout Comb SUPERIOR to Reachin'...

Saturday, March 19, 2005 2:31:00 AM  
Social bookmark this

Post a Comment

<< Home

davepye.com web
 

davepye.com