homedavid.pyegalleryguestmap • myspace • contact • squidoo • rss

Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Online Dating - You Did It. Admit It.

I'm currently involved in the creation of a new online dating related site. We don't set people up or write profiles or anything, but instead strive to serve as a survival guide and support group of sorts. There are a team of talented writers involved and I'm handling the technical/marketing aspects. The site is scheduled to launch sometime in May, and I'd like to recruit a little help from everyone if I ...may. Did I mention May?

One of the interactive sections we're going to have will be called "Horror Stories". It will be a bulletinboard-esque area where people can share their absolute worst online dating experiences. I know a lot of people who read Pye In The Face have dabbled in "The Online Thing" - so get those cringe-worthy tales off of your chest - and help a brother out in the process. Just leave an anonymous comment if your tribulation was particularly degrading.

Did your date arrive with chaperones? Did he ask you to accompany him to the bathroom because the doctor told him he 'shouldn't lift anything heavy'? Did her breath burn the paint off your car door? Was he easily distracted when you moved your fork around in a circular motion? Did her wheelchair leave scrape marks on your stairwell? Share.



4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This should be funny.
BW

Wednesday, March 02, 2005 12:30:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Met a girl a couple years back who I ran into on matchmaker.com. She picked me up near my apartment and it immediately became apparent that the phot she'd sent me must have been at least 10 years old. That was the number running through my head, anyway. So I asked her. And I was right! I hate being right all the time. Anyway, I split after one drink. She asked why I was ending the date. I replied "because I wanted to date you 10 years and 20 pounds ago and I missed my chance". I felt like an ass afterwards, but only briefly. She seriously misrepresented herself and it wasn't fair to me.

Wednesday, March 02, 2005 12:35:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i met a blind date at a downtown bar that neither i or any of my friends ever went to. i figured i'd be safe from prying eyes. about 10 minutes after she walked in and sat down, I noticed two of my male friends sitting in a booth nearby. I begrudgingly waved and introduced them to my date. At that point, the women who they were sitting with, who until then had had their backs to us, turned around to meet me - and they were good friends with my blind date. All set with the blind dates.

Wednesday, March 02, 2005 3:12:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What ever happen to the good ole days going up to a woman and asking to say hello. Complimenting her, taking her out to dinner, meeting her friends, meeting her family, having wild sex for six months, get a place together, get engaged, have sex with her older sister, get married, have sex with the maid of honor, go to couples therapy, have sex with her best friend, take some time apart, have sex with one of the gals in the office, get a lawyer and file for divorce, have sex with a stripper, get a new place, have sex with your neighbor and start the cycle over again....will this site help us to break this never-ending cycle?

Friday, March 04, 2005 11:42:00 AM  
Social bookmark this

Post a Comment

<< Home

davepye.com web
 

davepye.com