homedavid.pyegalleryguestmap • myspace • contact • squidoo • rss

Monday, April 25, 2005

Can This Story Wait Until After I've Had My Broccoli-Cheddar Soup?

One of my co-workers has been chatting with his parents on and off all morning behind me. They live in Hawaii and apparently his poor mother was admitted to the hospital over the weekend, hence the multitude of calls. The one-sided versions of the conversations I've been privvy to started off normal enough, but have gotten progressively weirder as he must have been able to tell - because he just came over to tell me what was going on with mumsie.

Star Trek 2: The Wrath of Kahn sticks out among my childhood memories for two reasons. It was the first VHS tape we rented at the video store after getting a VCR in 1982. The second reason being the awful scenes involving Ricardo Montalban placing slugs into the ears of various prisoners thereby controlling their minds. "Mind-controlling Ceti Eels" to be exact. Please believe me when I tell you I had to look that up. There's a party in my ear, and everyone's invited.

So this guy's mother wakes up Saturday morning with a narsty headache. After a few hours some blood begins to drip out of her ear and his father rushes her to the hospital where they learn she's hosting an uninvited skull-guest. They're taking it out later today and still don't know exactly what it is. He seems to think it's a cockroach as they're apparently way too common in Hawaii. I think someone needs to track down Mr. Roarke immediately - the safety of the Reliant, the Genesis project and Dog the Bounty Hunter may depend on it!



8 Comments:

Blogger the duck said...

EWWWWWWWWW. This is the second (gagging) disgusting (choking) ear-related (barf) story I've heard today. The other was from a friend who's ear was stuffed up, thought it to be allergies and when he went to see the doctor they pulled out this (gagging) gross black piece of earwax about the size of a thumbnail. Ugh. Gross. Ears are yucky.

Monday, April 25, 2005 2:06:00 PM  
Blogger Jennie SMASH! said...

This happens all the time. All the time. Bugs love ears apparently. I just read a story this weekend about a lady who had a wasp in her ear. A goddamn wasp. With a stinger, and all. But I think I'd rather have that than a roach. I'd have to kill myself. I'd have no other choice.

Monday, April 25, 2005 3:58:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Insects anywhere on me skeeves me out. The thought of having them internally is just to much to handle. Sure you have heard the myth about how the average person swallows 4 live spiders a year as they sleep. GAG!
http://www.washington.edu/burkemuseum/spidermyth/myths/whileyousleep.html
Needless to say, I will be wearing ear muffs and a muzzle to bed tonight. Thanks Dave!

Monday, April 25, 2005 4:28:00 PM  
Blogger Dave Pye said...

Earmuffs and a muzzle? To bed? Have you been reading my diary?

Monday, April 25, 2005 4:49:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cpt. Jean-Luke Piccard is far more superb of a Captain when compared to William Shatner.

Tuesday, April 26, 2005 10:00:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just caught wind of this story and unfortunately I have heard stories like this before. An old colleague of mine originally from India would tell me stories about the "rainy" season in India. Each year the streets would flood which would also bring out all the creepy crawlers, well creepy crawlers need a place to go to.

Well, one major problem that frequently happened was that centipedes (sp?) would crawl up and in peoples ears... yeah thats right an entire centipede. At that time the healthcare system was quite suspect and as a result people would actually die from such a thing.

Now friends, can we all agree that we live in one of the greatest countries on earth?

Bdoyle

Tuesday, April 26, 2005 12:09:00 PM  
Blogger Dave Pye said...

"At that time"? Doyle, I'm pretty sure you can still die from a cat bite in India. And what's with the Anonymous posting? Just enter a name where it gives you the choice. No registration needed anymore. WAAAAAAH!

Tuesday, April 26, 2005 12:13:00 PM  
Blogger Dave Pye said...

Hi. Who be dat?

Tuesday, April 26, 2005 3:20:00 PM  
Social bookmark this

Post a Comment

<< Home

davepye.com web
 

davepye.com