homedavid.pyegalleryguestmap • myspace • contact • squidoo • rss

Thursday, April 21, 2005

Sweden By Storm.

Janet has been in Sweden all week long visiting our old friends Mike and Joanna. I've just been sent a barrage of interesting photographs that look like outtakes from a Stockholm tourist pamphlet of questionable quality. But then that, undoubtedly, was the point.



I think this photo was taken on the ferry to Estonia. I love ferrys that have bars on them. The ferry to Martha's Vineyard, the ferry to Prince Edward Island, etc. It's like taking the booze boat to Liquorton. Whiskey on the waves. Cockys in the crow's nest. Pabst on the poopdeck. I'll stop.



Here Janet enjoys one of at least several non-alcoholic beverages which were imbibed on her trip. After he sent me the photo I asked Mike "Is that Janet's new Swedish jacket?" To which he replied "One of them." Now I know Sweden is insanely expensive - that coffee probably cost $11 USD. Janet, did we have a relative die and leave you money that I'm not aware of? Do I need to check in on Grandma?



I wanted to get the skyline in this photo, but became increasingly obsessed with the number of cobblestones making up the street. In fact, I've already counted all of them four times and am now going to move on to incessant hand-washing and lightswitch-flipping. Yes, the 'C' in OCD apparently stands for cobblestones.



I frequently annoy Joanna by applying Switzerland jokes to Sweden. Little does (did) she know - I do this in an attempt to drive her batty (battier). For example: "What did you do yesterday? Sit around and eat Toblerone while watching The Sound of Music three times?" Or "Does the fact that your country is neutral exclude you from buying rounds?" She loves it. And geese.



davepye.com web
 

davepye.com