homedavid.pyegalleryguestmap • myspace • contact • squidoo • rss

Saturday, April 23, 2005

Happiness Is A New Laptop.

I got my new Inspiron 6000 home last night, switched it on, and immediately found myself jacked in to someone's wireless connection. And to top it all off - it's one of the fastest wireless connections I've ever seen. Amazing. Is it the girls who live above me? Is it Seamus? Is it someone across the way? I don't know - and I don't care.

I was planning to spend the day on my roofdeck, getting some sun and setting up my new machine. But at the stroke of weekend, the weather went south and I'm stuck indoors like a veal. It was beautiful all week. And it's supposed to be beautiful all next week. But the moment I got off of work, the locust descended.

So I suppose I'll make a pot of Tim Horton's and enjoy my new toy. Incidentally, today is Boss's 8th birthday. My best little orange buddy is 56 in cat years. Time flies. Actually - time screams. Like this wireless connection.



6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Say Goodbye to Dave

Saturday, April 23, 2005 12:11:00 PM  
Blogger Dave Pye said...

I'm right here, NickBird. Just with a laptop on my... lap.

Saturday, April 23, 2005 4:31:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"You can fire the fuck me!" HAHAHA Seriously - that is funny... what is funnier is the fact that you might actually get a tan this summer thanks to the wireless network... you pasty fuckin' "I wear socks with my sandals" canuck. Wireless and life don't mix dave!

Saturday, April 23, 2005 7:01:00 PM  
Blogger Dave Pye said...

The only thing my life will never mix well with is the railroad. And Newphie Screech.

Saturday, April 23, 2005 7:04:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shame I never met Newphie - sounds like he could make a hell of a Dark & Stormy.

Sunday, April 24, 2005 1:52:00 PM  
Blogger Dave Pye said...

A Newphie is a person from Newfoundland. Screech is the type of rum they make there. Shhhh.

Sunday, April 24, 2005 2:42:00 PM  
Social bookmark this

Post a Comment

<< Home

davepye.com web
 

davepye.com