homedavid.pyegalleryguestmap • myspace • contact • squidoo • rss

Sunday, April 24, 2005

Endangered Spyecies.

People like to Google themselves. I'm no exception. I don't want you to get the wrong idea though - Google as a verb means to look something up using the search engine of the same name. It's not a euphamism for feverish masturbation. Although most people I know enjoy that as well. Myself? Well, some days I don't even leave the house.

This site gets hits for "david pye" and "dave pye" every single solitary day. They can't all be looking for me. So I decided to sniff around and see what some of the few folks I share my name with have been up to. Are Dave Pyes Googling themselves and finding me? Are there Dave Pyes of considerable notoriety out there somewhere? Nobel prize winners? Astronauts? I decided to have a wee look.

There's Dave Pye the power lifter. Dave Pye the math teacher. Dave Pye the sound engineer. Dave Pye the software COO. Dave Pye the electrician. Dave Pye the distributor. Dave Pye the DJ (he even refers to himself as "Pyeman") - and the list goes on. The other thing all these cats have in common is that they're English. Apparently we're a dime a dozen on the haunted isle. Am I the only colonial Dave Pye? Do others exist? If you find this, let me know. It would appear we're on the brink of extinction here in North America. Act now and Sally Struthers will send you a bundt cake.



5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What about the Aussie?

Sunday, April 24, 2005 7:54:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A good argument for cloning - "Save the Dave Pyes!"

Monday, April 25, 2005 2:12:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, but can we alter the neo-con gene? Or maybe we could make a batch of each and let them have at each other - "Pye Wars - The Colonial Clone Wars." Or is this this just a metaphor for the internal battle Dave wages every time he agrees with Ann Coulter despite know she's a complete tit?

Monday, April 25, 2005 2:20:00 AM  
Blogger Dave Pye said...

I'm afraid it's more of a common sense gene, buddy. And for the record - I'd rock Coulter's world.

Monday, April 25, 2005 1:26:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ugh...Coulter is gross for so many reasons. If by "rock her world" you mean sticking her head in a toilet and giving her a swirly, then I'm all for it.

I think one of those "Mind-controlling Ceti Eels" has gotten into your head. The most disgusting thing about those eels? If you look closely enough, you'll see that they all have tiny little Rush Limbaugh faces - gag!

Monday, April 25, 2005 2:30:00 PM  
Social bookmark this

Post a Comment

<< Home

davepye.com web
 

davepye.com