homedavid.pyegalleryguestmap • myspace • contact • squidoo • rss

Thursday, June 23, 2005

AFI's Top 100 Movie Quotes Mockery.

"Stop your grinnin' and drop your linen!" - AFI has finally released their top 100 movie quotes of all time. And while Aliens didn't really make the list, they've still done a decent job with a difficult task. But obviously I'm still going to fly into a silly snit and point out some glaring absences. It's what I do/why I will die alone.

- Roy Batty's pre-death speech from the end of Blade Runner. "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe..." Hard to believe those tights either, Rutger.
- Indiana's Jones' cocky "Trust me" from Raiders of the Lost Ark. Love it.
- Choose any 10 second snippet from Glengarry Glen Ross you like and jam it in at #50. Mamet should be all over this list. "How was her crumbcake? Homemade?"
- You may also remember a small, seldom seen, independant movie called Goodfellas that could populate the first half of this list all by itself.

I'm a busy boy today and can't really elaborate to the depressingly fanatical extent I'd like to. Please help me out and give a little love to the plethora of quotelets that have fallen by the wascally wayside.



8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

YEAH!! WE GOT A LOT OF LOSSES!!!!!!!!

Thursday, June 23, 2005 3:50:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

-6th Sense "I see dead people", only because we all heard it so much

-Anything from pulp fiction (which I think didn't make the list because pretty much anything from that movie had motherfucker in it)

-Pretty much anything Yoda says in any of the star wars series.

Thursday, June 23, 2005 3:56:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Heineken? Fuck that shit! Paps Blue Ribbon!" and "Baby wants to fuck!" - Frank Booth, Blue Velvet

“No, Mr. Bond, I expect you to die.” – Auric Goldfinger, Goldfinger

“We’re going to need guns. Lots of them…” – Neo, The Matrix

“Claire? That’s a fat girl’s name.” and “Does Barry Manilow know that you raid his wardrobe?” – John Bender, The Breakfast Club

“That movie has warped my fragile little mind.” – Eric Cartman, South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut

Thursday, June 23, 2005 5:12:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK..."Plastics" from the Graduate? There were sooo many better lines in that movie than "Plastics".

"Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?" -Mrs. Robinson-

Thursday, June 23, 2005 5:39:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Another couple from Blade Runner (and totally feasible in the AFI list):

"Wake up, time to die." - Leon Kowalski

"The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long. And you have burned so very very brightly, Roy." - Dr. Eldon Tyrell

"Its too bad she won't live. But then again who does?" - Gaff

Thursday, June 23, 2005 5:55:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If any of my quotes (doubtful) made into the list, forgive me, I missed the first 30 minutes of the show.

These ones for sure didn't make it, but I say them all the time...

"Shut your fuckin' face, uncle fucker!" Terrence and Philip, South Park; Bigger, Louder and Uncut

"I'm Sorry Wendy, but I don't trust anything that bleeds for five days and doesn't die." - Mr. Garrison, South Park; Bigger, Louder and Uncut

Thursday, June 23, 2005 6:04:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got stinkin shitfaced on the bus, Louise left me, and that son of a bitch over there keeps playing me, when he knows I'm drunk. Anybody boards me, I'm gonna piss all over myself.

Friday, June 24, 2005 8:20:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Whoa..." - Neo, Matrix.

Friday, June 24, 2005 8:33:00 AM  
Social bookmark this

Post a Comment

<< Home

davepye.com web
 

davepye.com