homedavid.pyegalleryguestmap • myspace • contact • squidoo • rss

Thursday, June 16, 2005

Tail Between The Legs.

My office has been my home as of late, and my home has become little more than a place to sleep and punch the clown. Initially I really embraced this crazy time at my company, but I'm losing friends as a result of these long hours. And that's not a joke along the lines of "close your legs, man - you're losing friends". I mean I'm literally dropping in the popularity rankings among many of my peeps. So if you've been personally left miffed by my M.I.A. meanderings, I do sincerely apologize like you read about. Which is certainly uncanny because you're reading about it right now.

I'm only trying to get ahead in life. Just trying to get a jetski to go along with that dock. Frantically trying to pay off my unemployment credit card indiscretions from 4 years ago. Tired of paying to live in someone else's house. Sick to death of riding around in my friend's cars when I don't even own a skateboard. And while I am proud of my successes in the last few years, and thankful that I am capable of keeping my nose to the grindstone in this manner, it's not worth damaging that which I hold most dear.

Those of you for whom this was written know who you are. You're not a chick, you're not a casual acquaintance and you're officially off the back burner should you still care. I don't like to get too personal on this ridiculous site, but I fucked up last weekend and I know it.



2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dave,
Don't worry about it man. People understand it is a bit harder for you to get around and stuff. You'll always be OK in my book, and the people you are apologizing to will forgive you. Nothing a good hug, and a couple of beers can't fix man.

Thursday, June 16, 2005 6:57:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think Dave has been spending a lot of time at home in the closet if you know what I mean.

Sunday, June 19, 2005 2:04:00 PM  
Social bookmark this

Post a Comment

<< Home

davepye.com web
 

davepye.com