homedavid.pyegalleryguestmap • myspace • contact • squidoo • rss

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Wednesday Wadio: "Mississauga Goddamn".

Even though these guys are from my old stomping groud of Mississauga, I had started listening to them long before I knew that. I think that's important to note, as I've been accused of glorifying the Canadian mundane before. "Gordon Lightfoot could belch into a pinhole camera and you'd call it Sgt. Pepper, Pye." Be that as it may, the two albums I've recently discovered by The Hidden Cameras have brightened up my week and I wanted to share.

It was hard to pick just one song to throw onto Radio Pye (which you'll see in the left-hand column) but I finally settled on "Mississauga Goddamn" off their most recent album of the same name. The track has been described as "An elegiac moonlit stroll through Gibb's old stomping grounds, accompanied by a sparkling Velvety strum and twinkling xylophones, it's the bittersweet sound of a young man who can't help but feel a soft spot in his heart for a place that did its best to harden it." I can think of a few things that hardened me while I lived in them there parts - mainly my first girlfriend Suzanne, and usually behind the strip mall with the Beer Store on Lorne Park Road. But I digress. Enjoy the tune.



davepye.com web
 

davepye.com