homedavid.pyegalleryguestmap • myspace • contact • squidoo • rss

Friday, September 30, 2005

Friday's Quizzlet: The Strepford Wives.

Appetizer: When was the last time you visited a hospital?
I had to head down to MGH last December when a seemingly routine cold turned into the worst case of strep I have ever had - or could even reasonably imagine. I lay in bed for three days straight, with a total body buzz, before finally admitting to myself it wasn't going to go away by itself and that I had to pull myself together before the long drive up to Canada for Christmas. When they called my name in the emergency room, I walked up to the front and was greeted by a doctor who asked me what the problem was. Not being able to speak, I pointed to my throat. He said they'd take a swab and I'd have to wait an hour or so for the reults. I shook my head and pointed urgently inside my open mouth (if I had a nickel). He glanced inside my yapper, made an alarmed face, scribbled out a perscription and told me to get my ass to CVS.

Soup: On a scale of 1 to 10 how ambitious are you?
I don't have any trouble with the ambition side of things - it's the follow through. Do I want to have a million dollar home on Lake Winnipesaukee? I think yes. Do I want to leave my apartment this weekend? You must be kidding.

Salad: Make a sentence using the letters of a body part.
Carrie Otis Craves Ketamine.

Main Course: If you were starting a club, what would you name it?
It would be called the Ding Dong Club. A bunch of guys would sit on the floor, roll around punching eachother in the shoulders and just acting like complete ding dongs. Why haven't I thought of this sooner? Well, either that or something having to do with rug-hooking.

Dessert: What color is the carpet/flooring in your home?
I have recently taken up all of the carpet in favor of the nice hard wood floors underneath. My once tasteful rugs had become cat hair collectors and eye-sores. But you can bet if you were to lick one they'd still be full of taste. I think that if you were to moisten my living room carpet and then wring it out, you'd be left with a couple pints of enough formerly dried booze, dirt and DNA to reanimate Foster Brooks.



7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Appetizer: When was the last time you visited a hospital?
In August to visit my mother after she had to have an operation to remove her diverticulitis (twisting of the intestine). Interestingly enough, this was the same hospital that my mom used to work at and where my two brothers and I were all born – who said you can never go home again?

Soup: On a scale of 1 to 10 how ambitious are you?
6.5 – if it ain’t broke don’t fix it.

Salad: Make a sentence using the letters of a body part.
Elton loves boys often wantonly.

Main Course: If you were starting a club, what would it be & what would you name it?
The Meteor – it would be a thirties’ styled speakeasy with smart talking dames and no lowlife palookas.

Dessert: What color is the carpet/flooring in your home?
I have Montreal Maple laminate “hardwood” on the main floor and light gray carpet in the loft. I have a small water leak near my dishwasher, so the laminate is “bubbling up” in one section. Slate styled tile will be installed next because one day I plan on renting out my loft and this stuff is almost indestructible.

Friday, September 30, 2005 1:30:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If it was a thirties style speakeasy, you be a decade late. Speakeasy's were the roaring 20's.

Friday, September 30, 2005 4:53:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, since Prohibition lasted until 1933 in the United States, you could have had a speakeasy in the ‘30s – so if you want to get technical, Smooth, then mine would be styled specifically after a 1930s speakeasy.

http://alliance.ed.uiuc.edu/cdrom/Hononegah/prohibition/speakeasies-s.htm

Friday, September 30, 2005 5:43:00 PM  
Blogger Dave Pye said...

I really wish you two would just fuck and get it over with.

Friday, September 30, 2005 5:49:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm the pitcher, he's the catcher.

Friday, September 30, 2005 5:52:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He also eats about 10 steaks in 1 sitting.

Saturday, October 01, 2005 5:29:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha!...Foster Brooks. That's funny.

Saturday, October 01, 2005 11:54:00 AM  
Social bookmark this

Post a Comment

<< Home

davepye.com web
 

davepye.com