homedavid.pyegalleryguestmap • myspace • contact • squidoo • rss

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Giant Squid Discovered = Dave's Nerdery Uncovered.

Almost a year to the day since I wrote my acclaimed homage de 20,000 Leagues, which still attracts traffic to my site on a daily basis, a Japanese scientist has finally managed to photograph a live Giant Squid in the wild. I think this is absolutely awesome, as I've been unhealthily fascinated with the beasts for 30 years. I have no defense or childhood trauma to link it back to. I won't even eat a fishstick. That's just the way it's always been. My childhood was chock full of giant squids, Star Wars and Popeye Candy Cigarettes - and fully devoid of reason.

This photo released by Dr. Tsunemi Kubodera of the National Science Museum, a 26-foot-long Architeuthis attacks a prey hung by a white rope, left, at 900 yards deep off the coast of Japan's Bonin islands, 1,000 kilometers (670 miles) south of Tokyo.



I don't want to mislead anyone - so I'm gonna come clean and admit that I wasn't actually in the original photo. That was just photoshopped in recently. But if I had been there, and was able to breathe 900 meters underwater without the aid of any scuba gear, that is how excited I would have been. It's practically the equivalent of 100% scientific accuracy if we're going to split hairs. Again, ladies - please form a line to the left.

So to all you skeptics and nay-sayers be dammned. The truth really is out there if you look hard enough. Next on my agenda - those frigging bastard Minotaurs.



2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dave, rumor has it that if you uncovered something other than your "nerdery" people might find giant crabs lurking underneath. Is this hearsay true?

Wednesday, September 28, 2005 7:18:00 PM  
Blogger Dave Pye said...

Speaking of which, you've yet to reference the comment I made a couple posts ago about the crackhead in your lap at the Lennox. Clean up your own backyard/lap.

Wednesday, September 28, 2005 7:59:00 PM  
Social bookmark this

Post a Comment

<< Home

davepye.com web
 

davepye.com