homedavid.pyegalleryguestmap • myspace • contact • squidoo • rss

Friday, September 23, 2005

Friday's Quizzlet: Gooning In A Winter Wonderland.

Appetizer: Name something someone has done lately that impressed you.
I was momentarily impressed with Sean Penn's shotgun-equipped foray into New Orleans. Until I found out that the photographers who snapped those famous pictures were on his payroll. Maybe he can take his shotgun with him on his next self-serving visit to Tikrit and put it to some good use vivisecting his precious insurgents.

Soup: Do you have any relaxing rituals? If so, what are they?
Would gooning a six pack of Canadian count? My friends and I got so 'relaxed' in Newport last weekend that we're all taking this weekend off. If I had gotten any more relaxed Saturday night I'd be playing golf with Farley and Belushi right now.

Salad: If you could spend the winter somewhere else, where would you go?
I like the winter. I am tired of the eternal sweating I've endured this summer, and I'm looking forward to dusting off my space heater, cling-filming my windows and saving a fortune on dry cleaning for the next 6 months. Bring it on you frosty bitch.

Main Course: When and where was the last time you had dinner out?
I had jalapeno poppers followed by the Bobby Orr steak sandwich Monday night at The Fours with Mike and Joanna. I normally go for the Flutie, but as I said to the waitress, it's nearly hockey season and the Orr seemed more appropriate. She agreed. She also offered that next time maybe a tip would be appropriate, too - if I want to drink there before Bruins games in the coming months. I'm only kidding. I punched her out and ran before the check even came.

Dessert: If you had a boat, what would you name it?
PyeSeas II. That was the name of the 25 foot cruiser we had when I was a kid. My last name coupled with my father's astrological sign. Incidentally, the boat was also imaginative, sensitive, compassionate, kind, selfless, unworldly, intuitive, sympathetic, secretive, vague, weak-willed and easily led. Uncanny.



2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Appetizer: I have two (1) Joe Torre. You have to be impressed by a guy with a boss that makes Trump look like a creme puff. Not to mention he's managing a team of all stars with big ego's in one of the most sceptical sports towns in the country. He managed his team from last to first this year, congrats Joe.
(2) Keith informed me of the term "jorts". We have all seen them and Miller Lite now has a commercial referring to them, Jean Shorts. This term has to be up there with "mullet" and STLB (short top long back). Thanks Keith

Soup: Along the baseball theme, nothing better than coming home after a long day or on a nice weekend afternoon to chilling out with a beer and a good ball game.

Salad: I'm with you Dave, I don't mind winter. Jen and I truly enjoyed living in NH for a couple of years. Beautiful place to live for a couple of "flatlanders"

Main Course: Jen, Mike and I went to Sauce over in Summerville Thursday night. Good food, good atmosphere but I think they need to lose the martini menu. Had to be the absolute worst martini I have ever had. Warm vodka with no olive juice and olives that were starting to go bad... Silvertones I'll be back!

Dessert: "The Rusty Nail" I had a nickname growing up that I drove me insane, Rusty. During a game of "Manhunt" (hybrid of hide-n-seek) in the neighborhood I fell on a rusty nail while running from someone and had to go to the doc to get some shots... hence Rusty was created.

Chill this weekend Mr. Pye, fall is coming and so is the TPB party.

Friday, September 23, 2005 11:32:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought you only eat at the fours when John Henry is in town.
Met the guy the other night that bought Coyote Ugly (previously the Irish Embassy - $2 Molson's). Well he is turning it into a really upscale place - no dress code - but an upscale place for down there - should be good. And he has the Hostel's open again upstairs ($25 rooms).

Saturday, September 24, 2005 6:51:00 AM  
Social bookmark this

Post a Comment

<< Home

davepye.com web
 

davepye.com