homedavid.pyegalleryguestmap • myspace • contact • squidoo • rss

Friday, October 07, 2005

Friday's Quizzlet: Under House-Sitting Arrest.

Appetizer: Name 3 qualities that are important to you in friendship.
Non-conditional assurance is my favorite quality by far. I love being able to call someone up and ask them - "Realistically, how much of an ass did I make out of myself last night?" And then getting a reply somewhere along the lines of "I don't think anyone even noticed your latex mask or the circus midget, so relax." I have a few friends who will deny everything, and then I have a few friends who'll make sure it's all on film.

Soup: If you could dream about anything tonight, what would the subject be?
I'd settle for a good night's sleep, period. I haven't dreamed (or remembered dreams) in 10 years. When I was younger, I had a recurring dream that I was Spiderman. When I'd wake up, after swinging around the city and battling Rhino, I'd be so disappointed. Especially since I'd have usually shot "webbing" all over my sheets.

Salad: Do you usually personally thank people who do favors for you?
Absolutely. Because I'm a user, and I want them to continue to do things for me for a long time. I find that pink rose stationary with a lipstick mark and a wax seal tends to work the best.



Main Course: If you were out of town, who would you ask to housesit?
I have a couple of roomates, one who is never home and one who kicks the door off its frame when he forgets his keys. So I'd need to outsource. What about a sitting service manned by people under house arrest? Local law enforcement could oversee it. They have to house sit responsibly, because they'll have ankle bracelets alerting the cops to shoot to kill if they leave the premesis. Don't forget to water the plants.

Dessert: How do you react to practical jokes when they're played on you?
I think I'm having one played on me right now. I waited all morning for some company to come fix my washer & dryer. I called them around 2 to ask where they were, and it turns out the technician had called in sick for the day - yet never actually called anybody. I told the woman he didn't really call in sick then. Hopefully, he's now 'called in unemployed'.



3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's a Monday and a holiday to boot and I have the unfortunate luck of having to be here. So, what the hell...

App: 3 Qualities that are important to me in a friendship?

1. Unconditional love and respect
2. Honesty
3. Trust (which you need to have the first 2.)

Soup: If you could dream about anything tonight what would the subject be?

I dream everynight. Sometimes it's one big long dream. Other times a few different ones with different scenarios. I always wake up remembering them but start to forget as the day goes on. Currently for me, it's more of a question of who and what I DON'T want to be dreaming about.

Salad: Do you personally thank people that do favors for you?

Always. Karma...what goes around definitly comes back around. Good or bad.

Main Course: Who would you ask to housesit?

I really don't have anything that would cause me to need a housesitter. No animals and no plants. I kill them myself.

Dessert: How do you react to practical jokes?

I take them pretty well. It's all fun. Revenge is fun. Unless, of course, its something that could physically harm me. Like cutting the brake lines in my car. Remember what Mom said, "It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye."...or brakes in this case.

Monday, October 10, 2005 1:56:00 PM  
Blogger Dave Pye said...

Thanks, Aubs. That's much better than my lame attempt at a late quizzlet which I actually wrote Saturday morning.

Monday, October 10, 2005 2:01:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Life and Fix'n Washer Machines Don't Mix Dave!

Tuesday, October 11, 2005 11:14:00 AM  
Social bookmark this

Post a Comment

<< Home

davepye.com web
 

davepye.com