homedavid.pyegalleryguestmap • myspace • contact • squidoo • rss

Sunday, February 26, 2006

I Like The Vodka Sauce.

I have had penne with vodka sauce a few times recently here in the North End. Last night at Assagio's, for example. It's gosh darn tasty, and I found myself wondering what the heck it actually is after a few forkfulls. It doesn't sound especially good. I mean, vodka's great and everything, but in your red sauce? Here's what I discovered...

Apparently it's quite common. I found a ton of recipies - ranging from ham to salmon - and it's no misnomer. You actually have to fire in a whack of vodka while you're reducing the sauce. Usually 1-2 ounces. It's usually creamy, and always ridiculously tasty. Did Russian troops occupy Italy at the end of WWII and run out of chicken stock? I simply don't know.



3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Dave, Vodka sauce actually was a huge trend in the mid-eighties here in the states but was actually first on a menu only a couple of years before in Italy. It's called a nouveau-sauce. Oh and I apologize for the dorkiness of this response to your post but I'm kind of into food history.

Sunday, February 26, 2006 8:15:00 PM  
Blogger Dave Pye said...

G - you still want that ad space on the play program?

Monday, February 27, 2006 11:33:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That would be great, can you e-mail me the info? I've got a meeting with one of the owners today.

Tuesday, February 28, 2006 12:19:00 PM  
Social bookmark this

Post a Comment

<< Home

davepye.com web
 

davepye.com