homedavid.pyegalleryguestmap • myspace • contact • squidoo • rss

Friday, March 31, 2006

Friday's Quizzlet: I Found My Thrill.

Appetizer: Name 3 things that you think are strange.
Celebutants: That strange mixture of privilige, wealth, fame - and no good reason for any scrap of it. Dog people: Why do cat people always like dogs too, but self-professed dog people always hate cats and wear it pompously like some sort of badge? How the hell can you vehemently hate a cat? And why do you like to tell me this over and over when you know that I have one? This has happened to me like 14 separate times recently. You're all fucking retarded. Pearl Jam: How has this boring, mediocre band acheived Christ-like reverance all over the world? You might as well be listening to Genesis.

Soup: What was the last ceremony you attended?
Heather and Chris' Wedding in Newport. At least I'm told I was there. It was an interesting foray. Have a look at the gallery for the details.

Salad: What is one lesson you have learned in the past year?
As much as I despise them, telephones always trump email when doing business. I am trying to get in touch with my inner Rockefeller.

Main Course: Tell us about one of your childhood memories.
There was a burned out farmhouse foundation in the middle of a field behind my house that all the kids named "Blueberry Hill". As we were all obsessed by Mad Max, we formed several gangs (I was the leader of the Eagles) and jockeyed for position at different strategic points around the neighborhood. We used to make weapons out of things we'd find in our father's garages and go have little turf battles. Anyway, once, after leading a particularly violent attack on Blueberry hill, I had half the parents in the neighborhood out trying to lynch me. Adorable.

Dessert: If you could extend a season which would you pick?
Fall. Boston is too hot or too cold for 95% of the year. Once an annum, for about 2 weeks, it's just right. This city is like living on Mars.



1 Comments:

Blogger callmelbn said...

Has nobody answered your quizlet? Travesty!!
Name 3 things that you think are strange.
Hallmark holiday kitch. You know, the singing snowman or bubble easter bunny. Even more strange are the commercials where everyone thinks the belching leprechaun is the most delightful thing they've ever seen. Really, they're not just strange, they're irresponsible in this wildly indebted American economy.
The Doodlebops. It's a morning show on the Disney Channel. Three adults who act like children and dress in ridiculous musical instrument-inspired costumes with bizarre puffy fingers and painted faces. I guess they're supposed to look like human bugs, maybe. The two guys are sooooo broadway gay, which would be fine if it weren't for Disney's stance against gay or straight actors playing homosexual characters. Apparently, they have no problem with flaming queens playing asexual man-child bug things.
Creed fans.
Are they evangelical Christians? Are they rock wimps? Or are they merely tone-deaf?

What was the last ceremony you attended?
Well, I was walking to work last week and watched as several new U.S. citizens were sworn in and photographed. Since that probably doesn't count, I guess it would have to be my college roommate's wedding last summer. A wonderful time was had by all including me and my date, my sister Alane, and several of my old college friends.

What is one lesson you have learned in the past year?
How to hyperlink, but only when posting on my own blog. Haven't figured out how to do it in a post to someone else's blog yet.

Tell us about one of your childhood memories.
Oh, so many. OK, my brothers and I shoplifted a bunch of candy from a local Target-esque store. Our mom did not allow us to have candy, and of course shoplifting is a big no-no, so when we came home and found that she was home from work early, we knew we had to stash the pilfered booty. Instead of finding some way to sneak it inside, we hid the $20 or so worth of gum and chocolate under a bush in the front yard until we knew it was safe to retrieve it. I don't know how long that took, but by the time we went out to get it, the 115 degree Las Vegas summer heat had melted the sweets into a large, gooey puddle, and thousands of large, red fire ants had liquified the sugar-soaked paper bag surrounding the pile. A couple days later there was a circle about 2 feet in diameter where the candy-bag masacre happened. The ants had removed every molecule within the circle above the Earth's crust. An amazing natural spectacle, really.

If you could extend a season which would you pick?
I must agree with Pye 100% on this one. I couldn't have said it better.

Monday, April 03, 2006 10:32:00 AM  
Social bookmark this

Post a Comment

<< Home

davepye.com web
 

davepye.com