homedavid.pyegalleryguestmap • myspace • contact • squidoo • rss

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

For The Love Of God - Save Hissy!

We've already approached the Roach Brooch topic, and I explained how I was going to work with the designer who actually makes them as an affiliate marketer, due to all the traffic I get for related terms. Last week I set up tracking, and actually sold a live cockroach brooch!

I also ran a few test orders to make sure the tracking pixels were working properly, as you do - and they went through. I emailed my contact there and told him to be sure to cancel them. So that's the last I really thought of it. Until I walked into the kitchen this morning and noticed a package for me from Utah. It can only mean one thing - I now own a live $80 hissing cockroach brooch.

I haven't opened the package yet. I don't know what the hell I'm supposed to do with him. I have already named him "Hissy" (He is a Madagascar hissing cockroach), and I am thinking of sending an intern out to get a terrarium so he can become the office pet. He is encrusted with jewels afterall. They also include a clip that allows you to wear him on your shirt while he squirms around and stuff.

So what do I do with Hissy? Send him back (he will probably die if I do that). Put him on Craig's list and look for some tartantula obsessed Dungeons and Dragons geek to give him a new home? Start wearing him to Tiernans? Your suggestions are appreciated. Hissy needs a piece of banana and a moist cottonball STAT.



9 Comments:

Blogger Allie said...

Hissy's future options:

1. Attach him to Boss (assuming he won't hurt him of course) and watch the fun that will be sure to come of the experiment, make sure to take video of that & post it on the site...

2. Wear him yourself, especially to the bars, to attract the ladies

3. Bring him to Faneuil Hall & start a little show with Hissy as the headliner on the weekends - maybe you can make a few bucks on him

please post pics of him online!

Tuesday, April 04, 2006 11:15:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Put him on a leash and take him for walks around the neighborhood!

Tuesday, April 04, 2006 12:26:00 PM  
Blogger Christine G. said...

Can you find a local elementary school or something? My son's school has terrariums and stuff all through the building, and the kids are in charge of feeding and taking care of the critters.

If you want, I can send your post to our ass't principal to see if he wants another friend in the building.

or, you can work on a vaudevillian style street show with Hissy and go for the tourist money making factor this summer.

i'm with allie on option 3.

Tuesday, April 04, 2006 12:34:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Club him to death and sell his pelt to the McCartney's.

Tuesday, April 04, 2006 12:42:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you ever do take him out of the box, you can read him this story about how his ancestors terrorized the town of Natick, with a little help from the US Army.

Tuesday, April 04, 2006 4:47:00 PM  
Blogger Dave Pye said...

I am afraid to go home because there is a roach in my kitchen. Granted, it's in a box and probably dead. Look for a full Hissy update tomorrow.

Tuesday, April 04, 2006 6:19:00 PM  
Blogger callmelbn said...

If he's still alive when you take him out of the box ... Griffin is dying for a pet. She was hoping for a goldfish, but she might go for the sparkly roach, especially if it comes from you, David, since you are her first man-crush (other than David Beckham, of course).

Wednesday, April 05, 2006 10:23:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice site!
[url=http://puyeszie.com/bdzt/dhup.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://wkdrjiam.com/rfkp/ioxr.html]Cool site[/url]

Friday, September 15, 2006 2:12:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you!
http://puyeszie.com/bdzt/dhup.html | http://jrglmybn.com/wzrz/fpgp.html

Friday, September 15, 2006 2:12:00 AM  
Social bookmark this

Post a Comment

<< Home

davepye.com web
 

davepye.com