homedavid.pyegalleryguestmap • myspace • contact • squidoo • rss

Thursday, April 20, 2006

The Project Is Me.

The attempt to drag myself kicking and screaming into adulthood continues at an encouraging pace. I wrote about my insane-librarian-frat-basemesnt-esque bedroom a few months back (re-reading it, it's damn funny if I do say so myself) and I haven't lost the maturity redecorating zeal just yet. Monday my new desk and shelf set showed up, and I've spent every night this week jamming that square peg into the round hole - namely, Dave in a room that doesn't look like it belongs to Quentin Tarantino with a drink problem.

Tuesday night I gutted my bedroom - and I mean gutted like a TaunTaun. Bags upon bags of stuff I didn't really want to throw away - but forced myself to. It's not so much about improving the decor as it is lightening my collective load. There's was stuff in my room Allston hippies wouldn't pick up for free off of Craigslist.

Last night Matt came over and helped me assemble the new furniture in the now empty room. I specifically invited him because I worked with him on the sets for the play, and I know how incredibly handy he is. The guy built a secret room in his apartment, for God's sake. It's together, looking good and I am incredibly excited. As I type, my boxed new garment rack was just wheeled in (yes, I am blogging at work) and things are really coming together. I have an incredibly small closet, and am tired of jamming all my good clothes in there and coming to work looking like, um, Ron Livingston with a drink problem.

Tonight I get my hands on the sister's photo printer, and I plan to hit CVS and buy a whackload of frames. I will take my favorite digital snaps, frame them and use them as the basis for the new room design. I'm not going to bother to paint, because I may move in September, but this is going to look cool regardless. The movie/band posters are history, my workspace looks amazing and there's almost enough room left to get to the bed without an Olympic long jump. I haven't created space with the new effort, but I've eliminated 6 years of crap. It feels good, and I'll post some photos when the task is complete.



1 Comments:

Blogger irshal said...

i saw this on Craiglists "Best Of" and instantly thought of your cleaning efforts - this is pretty f-in funny and VERY germaine:

http://boston.craigslist.org/about/best/sea/154004569.html

"the Crap-Stravaganza"

Sunday, April 30, 2006 10:02:00 PM  
Social bookmark this

Post a Comment

<< Home

davepye.com web
 

davepye.com