homedavid.pyegalleryguestmap • myspace • contact • squidoo • rss

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Notes From The Sideshow.

I've spent the majority of my time over the last two months talking about thespianism (not a misspelling, unfortunately) and roaches. What else has been going on in my world, you ask? I'd be just pleased as punch to fill you in. For the love of God, turn away while you still can.

The 2006 wedding invitations are piling in. Both of them. Looks like I'll be hitting Stowe Vermont for Katy and Reynolds' in June, and then Toronto for Jason and Amy's in October. I'll also be at the bachelor party for Jason which will involve a lot of traveling all told, but will see the reunion of many Welland and Guelph favorites. I'm really looking forward to that weekend and have a liver on backorder at the Hospital for Sick Children.

Work related which I rarely discuss here - I have been charged with breathing some life into our company culture. This is something I have always been good at, but have really been slacking on for the last 2 years or so. I am going to do finally something with a domain I've had dormant for years, CompanyCultures.com, so I can write about what I learn. I'm reasonably sure it has to involve a lot more than ordering fleeces with our logo on it and buying rounds at Remingtons. I just realized while Googling that Remingtons is also the name of the big male strip joint in Toronto. So that statement is undoubtedly going to confuse some people.

We've rebooted our search engine marketing blog, and I love the new design. I have been hounding people here daily to contribute to it - and I hope to make it a useful group effort which will reflect well on the company. This is also ties into the whole culture effort, but so far it's been like pulling teeth. I've always loved to write, and I can't understand why so many people are afraid of it. Probably also explains why I took Algebra 2 three times.

Season 6 of the Trailer Park Boys starts this Sunday, and you can download episodes, usually a day after they air, here. You can expect quite a bit of commentary in the weeks to come, and I hope it's better than Season 5. My predictions for this year - Bubbles gets a chick, Steve French returns, Ray wins a fortune on the VLTs and Lahey gets drunk.

Speaking of TPB, Detroit Velvet Smooth and I went to see Spamalot on Friday. He was given two really good tickets for Christmas, and I thank him for taking me. The entrance to the Colonial Theater is right under the scaffolding that collapsed and killed 3 people last week. It was very eerie walking out, seeing all the flowers stuck through the chain link fence of the construction era, and then slowly looking up and remembering where you were. The play was fantastic - hilarious and extremely entertaining. Go now.



4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Was Eric Idol still there? He was at the show I went to in the first week...

And it was quite funny at the end for my show, because the brought on stage was so old he could hardly walk (someone yelled out "Hes not dead yet" - very funny), and then he had a Jewish name. Even funnier. haha.

Wednesday, April 12, 2006 12:03:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry, that should be:

And it was quite funny at the end for my show, because the guy they brought on stage was so old he could hardly walk (someone yelled out "Hes not dead yet" - very funny), and then he had a Jewish name. Even funnier. haha.

Wednesday, April 12, 2006 12:04:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sam,
The kid they brought on stage at our show was Jewish as well. Brought the house down. I am thinking of flying to Chicago to see it again. Hilarious!

Wednesday, April 12, 2006 3:21:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is Hissssterical!

Wednesday, April 12, 2006 6:24:00 PM  
Social bookmark this

Post a Comment

<< Home

davepye.com web
 

davepye.com