homedavid.pyegalleryguestmap • myspace • contact • squidoo • rss

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Home Is Where The Hiss Is.

"No promises - I'll bring her over, and if she likes it we can tell her it's hers". My friend's adorable little daughter has been on the market for her first pet, and after reading Hissy's exploits here last week mumsie had an idea. I initially figured she was just being polite, and trying to help me solve my cockroach dilemma. But then I remembered how smart the sprog in question is, and the idea of her actually digging a Madagascar Hisser as her first domestic house pet didn't seem quite so ridiculous. Couple that with the fact it comes with a nice chain, pin and itself is encrusted in enough jewels to make it look like someone tried to kill it with a Lite Brite - and I felt we may be on to something.



The muchkin loved what she saw, and Hissy now lives with a family here in downtown Boston: Roach relations are still quite good. She has found a lifelong (well, Hissy’s life anyway) friend. She’s a little upset that I am not letting her take him to school, bed, park, etc. But she’ll live. - Mom

Her Dad said I could post this photo, and I think you'll all agree that with the exception of the enormous insect visible in the terrarium, it's beyond adorable. I am happy at how things worked out, but I will miss my short-lived little hissing friend. I felt a poem was in order.

Oh dear Hissy,
We'll miss ye.
But please let's not fret,
You're a bug, I'm a man
That's as close as we'll get.

Should I miss you,
Want to kiss you.
And my life is a bore.
I'll go visit the munchkin,
Or just leave trash on my floor... for extended periods of time until 1300 of you move in and force me into a homeless shelter like that movie with the guy named 'Joe'. A final word from the newly adoptive family:

She is still yelling “MOMMY! Look at HISSY! HE TURNED UPSIDE DOWN!”And we say, “Yes, they do that.” Everybody at work is still thinking how odd it is that her first pet is a cockroach. Now, I am their friend from work who has a daughter whose first pet is a cockroach. Like everybody can have a friggin dog. - Dad



7 Comments:

Blogger irshal said...

Genius...pure genuis. The poem induced tears.

I can vouch that the pictured child is one smart cookie. Even at such a tender age, she has a vocabulary and life experiences that even I would envy (thanks to her amazing 'rents). As I told mom, this is the perfect thing for her daughter to add to her colorful memoirs (which she WILL publish if she is like her mother)...I mean what other kid can say that their first pet was a cockroach! I thought I had the "weird first pet" market cornered with my pet snakes, frog and turtles, but this really takes the cake. National syndicators should really pick this story up . . .

Tuesday, April 11, 2006 3:43:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude! I can't beleive you got a Jared Gold Madagascar Hissing Cockroach Broach! I want one so bad but they only ship to the US and I live in Canada. But i'm looking into getting a normal one. I might just have to glue some rinestones on myself. LOL.
Luckiest little girl in the world!

Tuesday, April 11, 2006 5:19:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hissy, hisssssy
The adorable little roach
Hissy, hissssy
He is not just mad - but a broach

Tuesday, April 11, 2006 8:53:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you!
[url=http://krupcipk.com/xbwz/aeoy.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://vooomzmj.com/khfp/rscc.html]Cool site[/url]

Thursday, July 20, 2006 10:30:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you!
[url=http://krupcipk.com/xbwz/aeoy.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://vooomzmj.com/khfp/rscc.html]Cool site[/url]

Thursday, July 20, 2006 10:30:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice site!
My homepage | Please visit

Thursday, July 20, 2006 10:30:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great work!
http://krupcipk.com/xbwz/aeoy.html | http://xdekhisz.com/agce/cabi.html

Thursday, July 20, 2006 10:30:00 PM  
Social bookmark this

Post a Comment

<< Home

davepye.com web
 

davepye.com