homedavid.pyegalleryguestmap • myspace • contact • squidoo • rss

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Why Do My Hands Smell Like Patchouli? Why Do Anybody's?

Sorry to spring that on you. I suppose it's as good a subject of discussion as anything else I've ever written about on here. I am currently trying to proofread a press release about window blinds, so obviously my mind is bound to wander. I don't remember high-fiving any hippies during my walk to work, and I definitely didn't wear this dress shirt to Amherst recently, so why do my hands reek of patchouli? This isn't a rhetorical question, people. You may explicate.

The only people I shook hands with today were the plumbers who came to replace a zone valve in my building. I think it goes without saying - patchouli is to plumbers what an under-counter carbon filter is to Chris Barron. So the mystery continues. Stay tuned for the weigh-in tomorrow. It's not going to be pretty.



3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

did you pinch ani difranco's bum recently? that'd do it.

Wednesday, May 31, 2006 1:11:00 PM  
Blogger Dave Pye said...

She played a club I used to manage near Toronto about 10 years ago. The dressing room stank for days afterwards. I don't know if it was her, or the wannabe Traveling Wilburys she had backing her up. But that smell will resonate in my memory. A darn good suggestion, whoever you are.

Wednesday, May 31, 2006 1:19:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had a similar experience recently. I came to the conclusion that the stench came from a handrail of a stairwell in a predominantly hippy occupied building.

Wednesday, May 31, 2006 1:39:00 PM  
Social bookmark this

Post a Comment

<< Home

davepye.com web
 

davepye.com