homedavid.pyegalleryguestmap • myspace • contact • squidoo • rss

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Pretending To Be Pixies

Ryan sent me this. It's so entertaining. If you're a Pixies fan, you absolutely have to click through and check it out. Some guy named Matthew - with a love of the band that makes Mark David Chapman nervous - and coupled with an intimate knowledge of Pro Tools, has re-recorded a long list of Pixies songs in the guise of alternate famous bands/singers. And I can't even pick a favorite, they're all so eerily accurate. Prince, Jimi Hendrix, BeeGees, Sinatra, Brian Wilson... Here is the pentultimate list on another site, as Matthew's MySpace page doesn't have a complete list or downloadable versions.

Re-reading that paragrah, it's really quite exceptionally confusing. Just trust me and check it out. And how a grown man can make himself sound so much like Tina Turner while singing my favorite Pixies song is enough to make me shudder/masturbate.

I'll come clean - my favorite is Elvis doing #13 Baby.



1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow... those are quite amazing... I wonder how he actually did it. The mind boggles.

Thursday, May 25, 2006 11:41:00 AM  
Social bookmark this

Post a Comment

<< Home

davepye.com web
 

davepye.com