homedavid.pyegalleryguestmap • myspace • contact • squidoo • rss

Monday, May 22, 2006

Careening Off The Bleeding Edge.

Do y'all get curious on those rare occasions where I talk about or let you in for a glimpse of what I do for a living? It's rare, and for good reason - I have other blogs where I talk about SEO, and far too few hours in the day to prattle on about it incessantly. This is where I come to make the hooker jokes. Anyhew, in the next few days you'll see me linking out to lots of strange things, and I just want you to know there's a method to the madness.

More and more of my friends and neighbors are taking their businesses online, or going to work for companies with significant web presences. I'm going to save everyone a lot of money - because nobody wants to pay for this shit anyway. Here's how you improve your Google rankings: Get sites to link to yours using your target market's top search keywords. If I hypothetically had a client who sold Red Sox Tickets, for example - I would want to facilitate as many links as I could to their site which also read Red Sox Tickets. Your ultimate success depends on your budget (people won't link to you for free, and reciprocal links cancel eachother out since the last big algorithm update) your patience and the competition. It's bleeding edge stuff. Guerilla marketing. And surprisingly, not all that fun in the long run. You have little control over the results ultimately, and we all know how clients like those pesky "results".

So forgive me over the next week or so if I drift into conversations about office coffee. Look the other way if I begin sweating whilst extrapolating about precision gauges or Amnisure. I'm not pregnant or studying to be an airplane mechanic. I'm just working here.



2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

what, no phentermine or mortgage links?

Tuesday, May 23, 2006 8:47:00 AM  
Blogger irshal said...

Or at least links to make my "manhood" bigger or something . . .

Tuesday, May 23, 2006 9:16:00 AM  
Social bookmark this

Post a Comment

<< Home

davepye.com web
 

davepye.com