homedavid.pyegalleryguestmap • myspace • contact • squidoo • rss

Friday, June 16, 2006

Friday's Quizzlet: Lemonading and Abetting.

Appetizer: What is a word that you use that would not be considered common?
I say "porkies" a lot. And not because I'm enthralled with Kim Cattrall nude scenes. Alright, it might be because I'm enthralled with Kim Cattrall nude scenes. 'Porkies' is the abbreviation of 'porky pies' which is cockney rhyming slang for 'lies'. When I lived in England, you'd frequently see adults saying to children: "Are you telling porkies again, Nathaniel?!" That always cracks me up, so I use it here in Boston, and everyone looks at me like I've hit my head on something.

Soup: What theme of calendar do you have on your wall this year?
I have a delightfully cute calendar comprised entirely of photos of one of my friend's children. It's an improvement over my mother's frequent calendar gifts, which while good intentioned are usually comprised of things like cats with hats or Harry Potter. I have enough challenges at work - I don't need to hang one of those bad boys up over my desk and become a laughing stock. Besides, there's no room anymore after I put up all my Klingon translation charts.

Salad: Name 3 people you speak with by telephone a regular basis.
I'm not a big phone guy. My roomate speaks on his phone all night long. More than most 12 year old girls. He's social, he misses his friends, I understand. But it's foreign to me. There are few things I'd rather do less than chit-chat on the phone. "So anyway, I'd better let you go." is how I answer it.

Main Course: If you could buy a new outfit for someone you know - who would it be and what would you purchase for them?
I'd buy Venditti a purple velour tux, because I'm pretty sure he'd wear it to his wedding.

Dessert: What is the last beverage you drank?
"Lemonade! That cool refreshing drink..." The lemonade at the Au Bon Pain downstairs is so strong, I get a large one in the morning and drink it halfway and just refill it with water all day for 10 hours of lemony goodness. Kind of like non-alcoholic swish.



3 Comments:

Blogger Brian Fitzgerald said...

Great "Eddie Murphy - Delirious" reference.

"We got to win this race..."

Friday, June 16, 2006 2:31:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

App: "Great." Usually with "Ok". It can be used in so many ways depending on the tone. I use it mostly to end conversations. Example:
Them: "I just ran over your cat."
Me: "Ok, great."
You decipher the tone.

Soup: I have an Integrated Solutions Printers calendar. It has pretty pictures.

Salad: My boss, travel, Regan

Main Course: I see so many people that I would love to make-over. Simply because I feel like they have a lot of potential but don't fully utilize it. There is this woman I work with that literally wears the same outfit daily with the exception of rotating between 2 pairs of horrible shoes. She needs Aubs Eye For the Fashion Shy.

Dessert: Diet Coke. Great little caffeine burst for the afternoon and 0 calories. Mmmm...de-lish!

Friday, June 16, 2006 3:00:00 PM  
Blogger irshal said...

Appetizer: What is a word that you use that would not be considered common?
Dispositive...it's a stupid lawyer word that I still can't purge from my lexicon.

Soup: What theme of calendar do you have on your wall this year?
Like Dave, I have a calendar of my friend's little girl. It's currently on my refrigerator and her cute little mug smiles at me every day :)

Salad: Name 3 people you speak with by telephone a regular basis.
My sis, Jen and Carmen.

Main Course: If you could buy a new outfit for someone you know - who would it be and what would you purchase for them?
No friggin clue...it would have to be all those women who try to squeeze themselves into clothes that are 3 sizes too small. I would buy them all flaterring, appropriately sized clothes.

Dessert: What is the last beverage you drank?
Coffee....cannot start my day without it.

Saturday, June 17, 2006 10:50:00 AM  
Social bookmark this

Post a Comment

<< Home

davepye.com web
 

davepye.com