homedavid.pyegalleryguestmap • myspace • contact • squidoo • rss

Friday, June 02, 2006

It's OK To Be A Little Excited.

I read a lot of "insider" movie news websites where folks in the industry leak really sensitive and current information under silly pseudonyms. So basically "Highlander79", who is actually a 47-year-old studio executive, leaves the boardroom after a major meeting, sneaks up to his office and spills the non-disclosure beans while probably cloaking his IP address. All the internet nerds then rejoice by dressing up as Jawas, masturbating to the deleted scenes from the special edition Legend DVD and then feeding a mogwai after midnight. At least that's a normal Friday around my apartment.

I usually keep what I read on these movie sites to myself, as I would actually like to reproduce some day. However there have been some doozy rumors floating around lately and I'm just a little bit excited, in spite of my attempts to only appear marginally really excited. OK - Here are the big two:



- Indiana Jones 4 is sorta, almost, nearly a go. Keep your "...and the Temple of Geritol" jokes to yourself. Harry can still whup some ass. Although as he'll now be much older, I guess Indy will probably end up fighting communists of some sort. There are so many good jokes here but I have to get this written and get out to an appointment. George Lucas on the script he's been working on for 10 years - "I think it works like crazy". Let's just make sure we get around to it before Connery dies.

- Die Hard 4.0 could begin filming at the end of the summer, and the existing script is an "epic". It's called 4.0 because it has McClane battling internet terrorists with the help of his young hacker-genius son. "Yippiekayay Motherfu... - I mean Yippiekayay!"

And just because I love YouTube:



davepye.com web
 

davepye.com