homedavid.pyegalleryguestmap • myspace • contact • squidoo • rss

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

What's Best For Everybody.

There are very wacky things going on at the moment that I can't talk about. So please excuse my sporradic presence. Everything will work itself out as life tends to do. Although right now it feels more akin to Jeff Goldblum's chaos theory from Jurassic Park than any sort of cosmic karma. Or that part where musses his shoe near a stegasaurus and proclaims "That is one big pile of shit".

I have said before that if I has to start my blog all over again, I would have done it anonymously. This silly site has gotten me threatened, exiled, slandered and discredited. It has also made me many friends, brought me some positive notoriety and even led to romance on more than one occasion. None of the best stories I can tell, however, because again I decided to name the damn thing after... me. At least I have an extremely common last name.

If I had an anonymous site, and could eliminate my inner censor and self-imposed kill switch altogether, I honestly believe it would lead to serious trouble. The only way to avoid trouble in this life is to keep your mouth shut. Completely. Even a prolific blabberer like me knows that by age 32. Everything always gets back to the last person you want it to, wrapped in a pink bow with your name on it. So perhaps sticking my neck out with my real identity was always the best thing.

Yeah, I fuckin' said it. Look at the domain name, stupid. And don't hit me in the face.



7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

IS there something going on?

Tuesday, October 17, 2006 8:51:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've read your blog for a year now...I just happened to come across it by accident looking for pie recipes...uh, anyway, I just wanted to say that your comments are genuinely insightful...and hilarious. Ok, maybe insightful is too strong a word, but the curiosity keeps me coming back every week. Have a good one.

Wednesday, October 18, 2006 1:02:00 AM  
Blogger Dave Pye said...

JV, let me enjoy it for another 2 months, OK?

Wednesday, October 18, 2006 1:23:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A rose by any other name would smell as sweet.

-WS

Wednesday, October 18, 2006 12:09:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I opted to go anonymous in the beginning, but I'm still paranoid about people at work reading it. I don't think any have, but I still don't write anything about the office just in case.

Silly really... but I'd hate to have to tell my grand kids I was one of those people that got fired from their job in the early years of blogging.

Thursday, October 19, 2006 5:08:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do I gotta come back to the East Coast & smack someone??

(ok so I'm looking for an excuse...)

Saturday, October 21, 2006 4:29:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those who have nothing to hide are boring.

Monday, October 23, 2006 9:59:00 AM  
Social bookmark this

Post a Comment

<< Home

davepye.com web
 

davepye.com