homedavid.pyegalleryguestmap • myspace • contact • squidoo • rss

Thursday, March 01, 2007

What Year Is It?

Nate just emailed me with an excellent question. The subject line was "What year is it?" and the body read: Just saw this headline: Matt Dillon Directs Dinosaur Jr Video. But 90s nostalgia is all around us. Here are a few examples off the top of my head:

- The Pixies just had a hugely successful reunion tour which lasted 2 years and isn't over yet. They play 3 dates in Australia this Spring.
- The Happy Mondays are playing Coachella this summer. As are Rage Against the Machine, Crowded House and The Jesus and Mary Chain.
- The Smashing Pumpkins are working on a new album.
- I am going to see The Pogues in a week.

If you want to know why I wholly embrace 90s musical nostalgia, just turn on your radio for a few minutes and check out some hot, hot James Blunt. Maybe dig yourself a little Fallout Boy. Fuck me, it's grim out there.

Labels: , , , ,



4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I secretly love chinchilla's too. I used to have one - he was awesome.

Friday, March 02, 2007 12:29:00 PM  
Blogger the duck said...

This week I heard Belly's 'Feed the Tree' and Letters to Cleo 'Here And Now' on the radio. Lemonheads on tour again. Next thing you know girls will be sporting Doc Martens again.

Friday, March 02, 2007 12:43:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Mondays and The Chain touring. The Pumpkins smashing out a new albun.

Next thing you're going to say is that girls will be sporting Doc Martens again.

Life is good again!

Friday, March 02, 2007 11:55:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pearl Jam heading Lolla Palooza, Rage back together, I feel like I should be skipping 6th period English.

Sunday, March 04, 2007 12:51:00 PM  
Social bookmark this

Post a Comment

<< Home

davepye.com web
 

davepye.com