homedavid.pyegalleryguestmap • myspace • contact • squidoo • rss

Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Loving Lowell: Pixies Countdown Commences.

The Pixies land at the Tsongas Arena in Lowell tomorrow night, and I'm so excited I could just... buy some crack. What the hell else are you supposed to do in Lowell? At least they have the Lock Monsters, because there damn sure won't be any Bruins games this year. My friend Chris is a goal judge for the Monsters, so maybe I can get a good seat behind the penalty box at one of the upcoming games. And some crack.



But back to Los Pixies. This should be a very different experience from when I saw them on their warm up tour back in April. They've been on the road for nearly 9 months straight now, and have managed not to kill one another, so I imagine it'll be a tight, memorable set in front of their hometown crowd. I'll give you all a full, geeky report on Thursday - but stay tuned for some Thanksgiving photos and stories tonight. Pixies dork, out.



3 Comments:

Blogger Dave Pye said...

Thanks, Million Dollar Man. The best part is, I'm going with about 10 friends I don't get to see that often, including visitors who live in Sweden, so that'll add to the fun. All my Pixie loving peers from high school.

Wednesday, December 01, 2004 3:27:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Dave,

I saw you at the Lowell Brewery last night before the show. You're still as handsome as ever. What a great show eh? Loved it... except the part where someone broke into my car and stole all my Pixies Cd's...that part kinda sucked. Time to hit Virgin.

Ta,
K.C. (friend of Peden and also a huge Pixies Fan)

Thursday, December 02, 2004 11:15:00 AM  
Blogger Dave Pye said...

I saw you too - I waved at ya through the window, ya wacky broad. We couldn't figure out how to get to where you were, so we just went to the top floor of the Lowell Brewing Company. Were you in the comedy club or something? Sorry about your CDs. That show was incredible - the crowd sucked, but the Pixies were insane. I'll go into more detail when I write up my proper post. All I'll say is, 'Something Against You' sounded like the sweet baby Jesus himself parted the heavens and screamed violently in my ear.

Thursday, December 02, 2004 5:32:00 PM  
Social bookmark this

Post a Comment

<< Home

davepye.com web
 

davepye.com