homedavid.pyegalleryguestmap • myspace • contact • squidoo • rss

Thursday, November 04, 2004

Please Disperse: Tough Crowd's Last Stand-Up.

We're about to leave to drive to New York City for the travesty which is the final taping of Tough Crowd With Colin Quinn. We'll trek three hours to get there, wait in the freezing cold for another two outside Sony Studios before getting right back in the car to drive home to Boston. Miserable. But nothing can make me feel worse today than knowing I won't be able to watch this brilliant show ever again. So I just gots to be there.



I'll give you a full report on this sad day when I get home tonight. All the regulars and folks who made the show what it is will be guests tonight: Jim Norton, Patrice O'Neal, Nick DiPaolo, Greg Giraldo etc. And I sincerely hope that Tough Crowd goes out with a bang. Comedy Central got this one all wrong, and they've lost me as a viewer. Not out of spite, either. There's just nothing quite as funny on the network and I don't like consolation prizes. Here's hoping the show isn't soon forgotton and ends up on another network. Regardless, thanks for the laughs, Quinn. We don't all think you're an unfunny hack, stupid.



4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tough Crowd - I love that show! So sad - I will make sure to watch for you Pye Guy. I agree the ole' CC is starting to go down hill - it started with the total replacement of SNL with MadTV (granted I do love some MadTV skits - pretty much anything with Will Sasso is funny... Elvis impersonation is HI Lar IOUS - still though - I relied on CC for my daily dose of SNL. Crank Yankers - personally - I am just not interested in this season. The only thing that is retaining my interest to that damn chaneel is South Park. Oh well - another good show bites the dust - sad b/c other than South Park... Tough Crowd was the only thing that gave me a real hearty har har laugh at the end of the day.

Thursday, November 04, 2004 1:11:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Thursday, November 04, 2004 1:12:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Thursday, November 04, 2004 1:12:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Thursday, November 04, 2004 1:12:00 PM  
Social bookmark this

Post a Comment

<< Home

davepye.com web
 

davepye.com