homedavid.pyegalleryguestmap • myspace • contact • squidoo • rss

Sunday, November 07, 2004

Tough Crowd's Last Episode - Guess Who?

I wanted to go into excrutiating detail about our trip to NYC to see the last episode of Tough Crowd taping but had absolutely no time. What I'll do is rewrite the previous article when I can properly do it justice.



In the meantime, here's a screenshot from the final seconds of the show. When we arrived, they told us about a "bit" they were going to do at the very end. Colin Quinn read a snarky, petty, meanspirited and rambling goodbye, the regulars got up and walked out on him and then the audience followed. So basically, when Colin looks up from his notes - we were all gone and the studio was empty. It suited the celebratory yet sad mood of the evening, and you may even recognize two of the people walking down the stairs over Colin's shoulder.

I captured this somewhat blurry picture from TiVo, but I imagine there'll be a crystal clear "Best of Tough Crowd" DVD released - and this final scene is sure to be on it. And there you have Brunelli's and my contribution to television history. For now.

Watch the final clip HERE.



1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I miss that show every night.

Friday, July 15, 2005 2:26:00 AM  
Social bookmark this

Post a Comment

<< Home

davepye.com web
 

davepye.com