homedavid.pyegalleryguestmap • myspace • contact • squidoo • rss

Tuesday, January 11, 2005

The 'david.pye.com' Memorial And Other Changes.

Over 5 years ago I started my first website - david.pye.com - and it grew into a silly little exercise that became quite popular amongst my friends. When I switched to the blog format, and changed my domain name, many of you were upset - having grown used to the larger galleries, the accompanying jokes and many other silly components. I was flattered yet torn, having decided the new format was really the way I wanted to go.

But as I've built out the new davepye.com, and ripped-off a lot of other people's sites in the process, I've come to realize that a blog doesn't have to conform to any convention over and above just exactly what I want. And there's no reason I can't work some of the former elements back into the new version of my own personal web shrine to... me.

You'll notice a new series of links underneath the dot graphics of my face at the very top of each page. There's now a link to an archived version of david.pye.com that will remain there for all time! The 'gallery' button links to the old gallery pages (if you're a new reader check them out - funny stuff) for the time being but will eventually become a new gallery much in the style of what I was doing before - with each photo having a funny caption, etc. I'll figure out what else I'm gonna add in the months to come and for now there'll just be placeholders.

As of this very afternoon, my old URL and email address are DEAD. Please update your favorites and address books. It's all about www.davepye.com from here on in. I love doing this and am going to keep developing it into the most kickassiest of blogs, EVAH - I hope you stay tuned.



davepye.com web
 

davepye.com