homedavid.pyegalleryguestmap • myspace • contact • squidoo • rss

Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Boston's Beloved Bartenders

This year's Improper Bostonian Beloved Bartender Edition hits the stands tomorrow, and I'm scanning the bejeezus out of my advance copy as I type. The SideBar's very own Sharon Cannava graces the cover of this year's edition, and we're all buzzing with a 'local girl does good' sort of a feel (and 4 Juicy Peaches). Regardless - way to go, girl! But I'm actually dreading all this new found publicity because the place will be even more jammed than usual from here on out. At least I'll be able to tell my Grandkids I was hanging out there before it was cool - before then telling them to hurry up and change my dialysis bag.



The little SideBar blurb is surprisingly accurate, and really captures many of the things we regulars dig about the place: "Between the career networking and hooking up that goes on, the bar fosters friendships that give it a Cheers-for-twentysomethings feel" I'd wager that the author must have been there after 6pm, however, cause if they'd been there during the day it would have been much more of a "depressing hangout for-career drunkards who spend their welfare checks on Bud Lite Drafts feel". Still, we love that shite hole dearly.



If Sharon's being featured wasn't enough of a treat, my old Concord Carlisle class of 1991-mate Mark Tibbets was also chosen for his undying work and devotion over at The Harp: "I just can't give it up. These people are like my family". What do you mean by that, Mark? Harp customers disowned you and made you sleep in the garage? And, of course, frequent Pye In The Face contributor P-Cip made the list again as usual. So congrats, all you Pernod pushers and peach schnapps peddlers - It's a tough, thankless and curiously addicting racket. We salute you.



6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My life is complete. I can say I beat up one of Boston's most beloved bartenders at a Lynard Skynard show in the Summer of '93. Lord, you can take me now.

Tuesday, March 22, 2005 12:14:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well Sharon you really deserve it. What a great cover pix....Well we all know what's next...higher prices at the sidebar....

Tuesday, March 22, 2005 12:17:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd love to taste that Sharon's mellon balls.

Wednesday, March 23, 2005 12:21:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey - Leave Sharon's Melon Ball's Out of this!

Wednesday, March 23, 2005 1:10:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the shout-out dawg. As a Jersey native, I can tell you: when in AC, stay away from the Tropicana! It's a money pit. I always had luck at Bally's, if it's still there. See if you can get on the next "Apprentice" while your there.

Wednesday, March 23, 2005 1:32:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think Carmelo would like her melon balls being tasted but it's worth a try I guess! Lol

Sunday, September 02, 2018 9:17:00 AM  
Social bookmark this

Post a Comment

<< Home

davepye.com web
 

davepye.com