homedavid.pyegalleryguestmap • myspace • contact • squidoo • rss

Monday, May 02, 2005

Little Jimmy Norton.

I took Janet to see Jim Norton at the Comedy Connection Saturday night, and he was disgustingly hilarious. I first noticed 'Little Jimmy' as a regular on Tough Crowd, and have since become a big fan of his hyper-offensive and self-depricating style. Referring to one's existence as the product of a scientist "injecting a pregnant duck with Down Syndrome" takes a level of self comfort that I'm not currently familiar with.



By far, my favorite joke was when Jim started talking about a T-Shirt he wants to create which would read - "It's not rape if she blinks twice for yes". I'm not going to try and do him justice here in print. Jimmy mentioned an HBO special he'd taped literally the night before in NYC, and I'm looking forward to seeing his "fat little b-cup man titties" again on my TV real soon. He's among the best comedians working today and I'd suggest you check him out when he hits your town. Especially if you're from the oft and easily-offended Garafalo/Cho camp.



3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How do you feel about Patton Owsalt, Mitch Hedberg and Dane Cook?
Cary and I just completed a 12hr round trip drive and the only thing that kept us sane were the fine comedy stylings of the above mentioned gentlemen.
It is hard to find anything funnier the Oswalt's rant about the fare at mid level steakhouses....Ah...Priceless.

Monday, May 02, 2005 5:05:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just want to add a caption (you should have more of those, they are fun).

"Look at me, I can swallow this microphone whole..."

Monday, May 02, 2005 5:37:00 PM  
Blogger Dave Pye said...

Jason - Yes, I love all those guys.

Sam - that's a great idea. A weekly caption contest. I constantly come across ridiculous photos during my surfing, and it'd be a great weekly feature. I'll start it today. The Monday caption contest. Cheers.

Monday, May 02, 2005 6:01:00 PM  
Social bookmark this

Post a Comment

<< Home

davepye.com web
 

davepye.com