homedavid.pyegalleryguestmap • myspace • contact • squidoo • rss

Monday, July 18, 2005

This Is Radio Pye.

Few things are more embarassing in life, that don't involve black latex body suits, than navigating to a crappy site - either carelessly or because you were misled - and then having a loud midi version of 'Wind Beneath My Wings' start playing in the middle of your crowded office. So for this reason I have stayed away from ever lacing any of my web pages with audio. But I've rethought my position somewhat after discovering RadioBlogClub. Streisand, however, can still suck a big tide prince or whatever.

Since the radio doesn't start playing unless you turn it on, I feel much better about exposing you to my utterly illogical taste in music. If you don't want to soak up some of my favorite all-time-tunes don't switch the gaudy frigging thing on in the first place. However, if you're curious about any of the music I talk about here on Pye In The Face, a free sample is just a click away in the left hand column. With no further ado - I give you Radio Pye.

The songs load up quick, and the quality is great. I wish the little bugger fit the column better, and I have yet to painstakingly try to match the colors to the rest of my template, but it works like a charm and I've uploaded about 20 songs so far which you can turn on and cycle through by hitting the "Zap" button in the upper-right hand corner. I've talked about Stompin' Tom, The Doves, The Gorillaz, The Pixies, etc. and they're all broadcasting live here 24 hours a day. I'm going to introduce a feature where I add a special song to the playlist every week and then introduce it into the lineup. And, whenever I mention a song, a speech, a comedy clip, etc. in a blog article - I'll add it to Radio Pye so everyone can follow along. And also don't think for a moment that I harbor any confusion over whether or not I'm the only person who gives a shit.

This radio plug-in may be gone tomorrow depending on the reaction (and more importantly its strain on my bandwidth) but you never know. It also might become a popular staple. Enjoy, and please let me know what you think/how much you want for those pictures of me in the bottom half of the catwoman costume.



2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please read this in your best stoner voice: You got any Dead maaaaaaaan?

Tuesday, July 19, 2005 9:23:00 AM  
Blogger Dave Pye said...

JV - I'm surprised you didn't shoot it down. You must have gotten at least as far as the Craig Mack song.

Detroit - I was a hair away from adding one of the Jay-Z/Dead mash-ups. All request, all the time.

Tuesday, July 19, 2005 10:41:00 AM  
Social bookmark this

Post a Comment

<< Home

davepye.com web
 

davepye.com