homedavid.pyegalleryguestmap • myspace • contact • squidoo • rss

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Wednesday Wadio: Okkervil River's "For Real".

I have been listening to these guys incessantly for 2 days now after a friend suggested I check the scene. "For Real" off Okkervil River's 4th album, Black Sheep Boy, starts out quiet and measured, turns into a screaming spittle-fest fairly quickly and then gets all kinds of Neil Young on your ass during the denoument. Their other album I have heard, Don't Fall In Love With Everyone You See, had me appreciating the country-esque more than I ever remember having prior, and I love the move they seem to have made into less Oakie rockingness. Texas by way of New Hampshire.

I've added the song to Radio Pye, and it's the first tune that will play when you hit the zap button - until next Wednesday, that is. If you like what you hear, visit their website - and check back in a week for another widiculous Wadio Wednesday. Since you can only listen to, and not download, these songs, I hope to avoid jail time at least temporarily. Enjoy the audio while you can.



davepye.com web
 

davepye.com