homedavid.pyegalleryguestmap • myspace • contact • squidoo • rss

Thursday, August 04, 2005

Twinkle, Twinkle Littlest Bar.

Downtown Crossing's infamous Littlest Bar is closing its grimy doors after 60 years of service to Boston's booze-bags. To make way for, you guessed it, detestable yuppie condos. Gentrification usually isn't a bad thing, as far as I'm concerned. I'd rather live in close proximity to Biff and Buffy than crackheads and hookers any day of the week. Especially after my well publicized incident with a crackhead hooker. And by 'any day' I'm referring to Saturdays - because that's when their rates go up.



But now we're talking about the demolition of a stagger-inducing institution. A lowly liquored landmark loved by lots of lushes. I've written about this wonderful and historic establishment before, and there's also a gallery of photos from Jim's b-day that were taken onsite. My first date with a former girlfriend took place at the Littlest. I took Triconi there the night before his engagement party. I'm seriously bummed. If you have any memories of the Littlest that don't include Monster necking with a sea donkey, please share them in the comments below. Good night, sweet pub.



6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What about if they build condos, for hookers? That really would be ideal.

Thursday, August 04, 2005 1:02:00 PM  
Blogger Dave Pye said...

Maybe the condos will be a brothel, and the only currency will be crack. Either way, it'll pale in comparison to the exceptional fire hazard that was the Littlest.

Thursday, August 04, 2005 1:29:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As long as this doesn't have a negative effect for The Sidebar - I am all for it.

Thursday, August 04, 2005 2:16:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Think you could blow that picture up anymore - man - I want to forget that whole thing. DOWN Syndrome DOWN!

Thursday, August 04, 2005 2:18:00 PM  
Blogger Dave Pye said...

I give you full credit for hauling your poor little victim out of there for a rousing game of tongue hockey. No sexual assault charge, no foul.

Friday, August 05, 2005 6:50:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

From now on "BLUE STEEL" is offically dead to me..........heartbroken in New HAVEN

Saturday, August 06, 2005 1:45:00 AM  
Social bookmark this

Post a Comment

<< Home

davepye.com web
 

davepye.com