homedavid.pyegalleryguestmap • myspace • contact • squidoo • rss

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Insert Pussy Eating Joke Here. Actually, Don't.

...We're better than that. My Sopranos site made lens of the day today on Squidoo. And here you thought I'd been suddenly and violently de-geeked, or something. I am enjoying the season so far, and invite you all to buy the DVDs and books from me so I can afford that kidney transplant. And by 'kidney transplat' - I of course mean Puerto Rican prostitute.

On an unrelated note, I'd like to thank Mean Art Green for pointing out an important anniversary this fine afternoon. It seems that on this day, in 1834, the eating of cats was finally outlawed - in this country, anyway. Dogs and cats are still snackworthy in many Asian countries:

The cats fair little better - arriving in cages, dozens of top of each other, and some dead, wondering in bewilderment what they have done to deserve this treatment. They are also hoisted by the neck with metal tongs from cage to cage - as they are "sorted" between different traders. For what it's worth, I've never seen them actually tortured to death - their dispatch is pretty fast, stunning and a slitting of the throat - the ritual of torture, seems to be more reserved for dogs historically.

I would imagine cats would be really stringy and tough - where a dog might be more like rabbit. The most frigged up thing I ever ate was a piece of whale meat. While I'm throwing that out there because I love to annoy bleeding hearts - however, it's true. Stop busting my chops about not liking seafood, and no more whales have to die. Cats and dogs I'd never try though. I wouldn't want to risk chipping my teeth on the tags.

Oh kittens, in our hours of ease,
Uncertain toys and full of fleas.
When pain and anguish hang o’er men,
We turn you into sausage then. -
Olde English Rhyme



3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I reckon dog would taste more like goat.

Tuesday, April 04, 2006 1:38:00 PM  
Blogger Jenn M. said...

If you ever travel to Vietnam and end up in North Vietnam first, be advised that Thit Cho means "Dog Meat". There's actually an entire street in Ha Noi that has restaurants specializing in Thit Cho. Luckily my husband and I are vegetarians and when we stopped at a roadside cafe with some other tourists we specifically asked for the vegetarian meal. After eating, some people went out back to find a restroom and discovered several dogs and cats being kept in little cages. I don't think it was pet store. Personally, I think people should be able to eat what they want to, but the South Vietnamese always tease the North Vietnamese about some of their culinary choices.

Tuesday, April 04, 2006 5:56:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you had told me almost exactly a week ago... I just brought the first 5 seasons off amazon...

Wednesday, April 05, 2006 4:08:00 PM  
Social bookmark this

Post a Comment

<< Home

davepye.com web
 

davepye.com