homedavid.pyegalleryguestmap • myspace • contact • squidoo • rss

Thursday, June 01, 2006

Bhu And Gooch Need Work.

I sincerely hope that today's news doesn't spell the end for Sleeman. It's a truly delicious and unique beer that was a big part of my University experience. It also probably lengthened my University experience by about 4 semesters, as I wasn't a huge 'attender' of morning classes, even without a crippling Dark hangover.

I have a few friends who live in Guelph and work at the brewery. When I was up at Christmas recently I got a tour, a shirt and a few small paper dentist tasting cups full of the wonderful stuff. If they're having as much financial trouble as they're claiming, with too many brands and a high cost of production, then maybe it's a good thing. Just as long as they keep the name and recipies intact.

If anyone up North knows or hears anything - let me know. If the legacy is coming to an end, I'm going to have to drive up and stockpile. Either that or invite Gooch to come visit again.



1 Comments:

Blogger Dave Pye said...

I too have traveled all the way to Bay View to get Cream Ale. Did you HAVE to take the last 2? Did they restock?

Get me some the next time you're there and I will make it work your while.

Friday, June 02, 2006 3:49:00 PM  
Social bookmark this

Post a Comment

<< Home

davepye.com web
 

davepye.com