homedavid.pyegalleryguestmap • myspace • contact • squidoo • rss

Monday, September 25, 2006

The Dregs of MySpace.

MySpace is a lot of things to a lot of people, and one of the more poignant analogies I've heard is that it's like a web enabled high school. This is even truer when you consider all of the recent virtual bullying cases that have been in the news. They're all here - the nerds, the jocks, the band geeks, the parking lot blowjob queens with daddy issues. Maybe that was just CCHS. You get my point.

My roomate and I are working on a MySpace Layout site, so I've been delving into the seedy subculture a bit. Urban Dictionary has a ton of tags - MySpace loser, whore, hooka, hootchie, dork - they're all here. The real bullies couldn't be far behind the name-calling. I sniffed around to see what I could find in terms of malicious MySpace-related sites and these are the best of what I unearthed...

- Daily Raider's MySpace Loser of the Week: This site showcases a particularly jaw-dropping profile every 7 days. The author isn't particularly gifted in terms of humor in the accompanying copy, but it's worth a look. Pay particular attention to Lucky Charms McHomosexual.

- The MySpace Losers Experiment: "One day I decided to create a fake profile - a young Swedish girl, complete with bogus info survey and girly layout - and began adding. Eventually, with so many new friends, I began getting some strange messages." Our little decoy duck attracted a breathtaking array of scumbags, and he includes photos and email examples.

- WorstOfMySpace.com: This site has been around for a year, and has a lot of potential if only the owner updated it more than once a month. The Top 10 list of MySpace cliches is right on the money, and this kid is a good writer. Buddy, if you see this post, email me and we'll make some money together.



davepye.com web
 

davepye.com