homedavid.pyegalleryguestmap • myspace • contact • squidoo • rss

Sunday, March 25, 2007

Battle Of The Bad Movies.

I stayed home and worked all weekend and I invariably get bored of being in my room at my desk and move the laptop on up to the couch. My roomate also opted for a TV-facing weekend, and we usually toss the remote back and forth to each other all day whenever a movie or program ends. It's very diplomatic and mature, but yesterday it reached a tipping point that was kind of fun.

I suppose I fired the first salvo when I made her sit through Doctor Detroit. I used to love this movie as a kid, so it has a lot of sentimental value, but at the end of the day - it's a stinker. Said roomie cringed as she was forced to sit through Aykroyd's antics, and when I tossed her the remote after the big song and dance number at the end I had a feeling I was in for some retribution. I hate being right all the time.


James Brown wrote this song especially for the movie, and the hooker dance scene is hilarious.

Just my Luck was a breathtakingly stupid flick starring Miss Lindsay Lohan - I don't think I've ever actually seen any of her movies, so I grinned and bared it. For the uninitiated, Lindsay loses and gains luck based on whom she kisses. I did enjoy the scene where she dropped her contact lens in the dookie-laden cat litter box and then put it right back in because it was her last one. She had a black eye for the rest of the movie which was just enjoyably weird.

Suddenly, the remote was back in my control, and I scanned through On Demand until I found another cinematic childhood atrocity, Howard the Duck. This is worth watching for the scene of Lea Thompson on all fours in yellow panties alone. Brandy rounded off the battle with The Family Stone, and then all was quiet on the North End front.

Labels: ,



davepye.com web
 

davepye.com